~Chapter 22~

-BILLIES POV-

I've been really worried about Amara, she hasn't answered me since Friday. I don't know if I did something wrong or if something happened to her but I can't stop thinking about it.

I've been sitting here thinking about it and I've decided to walk over to her house to check on her and maybe figure out if I did something.

I walk up to her door and knock, her mom opens the door, and I say "Hey is Amara home? She hasn't been answering me and I just wanted to make sure she was ok"

"oh yes she's just been resting she said she was exhausted after this week so she probably just didn't feel like being on her phone, you can come in if you want she's upstairs" She smiles and moves to let me in.

I thank her and start heading upstairs to her room. I knock but I don't get any answer, it's completely silent which worry's me but maybe she's just asleep. I decide to slowly open the door and peek in but I don't see her. I'm starting to get nervous but I see her bathroom door shut so she might be in there. I knock a couple of times but no answer so I try to open the door and it was not locked so I push it open more and see her on the floor with blood everywhere...

I panic and run over to her trying to shake her awake but she doesn't move I start sobbing and yell her mom's name. She runs upstairs and I hear her run in the room.

"come quick it's Amara- we are in the bathroom" I still sob

her mom walks up and sees us, she starts crying with me and pulls out her phone to call 911.

"Hello? it's my daughter, there's blood everywhere please come quick" she cries

we both sit and wait for them to come. I can't lose her, I was planning on asking her out soon and hopefully even asking her to be my girlfriend. I've had a crush on her since we first met and I was hoping she felt the same.

the paramedics got here and put her on a stretcher. they head to the ambulance and her mom gets in with her while I run to my car to follow them.

-AT THE HOSPITAL-

the doctors are checking her, I wasn't allowed in yet but her mom is in there. I hope she's ok I care about her so much and I need her. even though we've only known each other for like a month I still feel such a strong connection with her and we've gotten so close now that I don't know what I would do without her.

it's been an hour and I've just been sitting here zoning out. I look up and see a doctor coming towards me.

"Are you Billie?" she asks

"yes I am" I jump up

"you may come in now follow me" she says and leads me to her room

I walk in and see her laying in the bed, she's not awake I start crying again at the sight of her, I hope nothing bad is happening.

her mom looks at me with teary eyes and lets out a soft smile. I walk over and pull her into a hug, I know she needs this just as much as I do. in fact, I know she needs it more.

we pull away and she says "I called macie as soon as we got in here so she'll be here soon"

I nod and we sit in the chairs in her room. I can't stop replaying everything in my head, that was so scary, I want her to be ok. she's strong I know she is so I just have to hope she can get through this.

30 minutes later her sister walks into the room, she looks over at her and bawls her eyes out. I stand up and pull her into a hug. She squeezes me tight and sobs on my shoulder, I don't let go until she pulls back. she wipes her eyes and walks over to her mom.

the doctor comes in and says they need to speak to us and I'm welcome to stay if her mom is ok with it but it might be hard to hear.

her mom nods and says "If you are okay with staying, I'm okay with you hearing this I know you guys are close and I'm sure you are worried about what's happening"

I thank her and we turn to the doctor anxious to hear what she's about to tell us.

"We ran some tests and it turns out she took a handful of pills and the cuts she has were really deep but we were able to stitch those up it also shows that she has been raped, I know this may be hard to process and I'm really sorry to tell you this." she says with a look of sympathy

we all start sobbing again and I grab them into a group hug again, I know I've been hugging them a lot but I know they need this and to be honest so do I.

The doctor then explains everything they had to do so we know, and then leaves.

it's been a couple of hours and we've just been sitting here waiting for her to wake up, I happen to look up at the perfect time and see her trying to open her eyes.

"guys look she's waking up" I say

they look over and gasp, I tell them I'll go get the doctor so they can see her first. I find the doctor and tell her so we head back to her room.

"oh good your awake how do you feel?" the doctor asks

"um I'm fine I guess I'm in a little pain but other than that I'm ok" she sighs

the doctor explains everything and as soon as the doctor mentions she knows she's been raped she starts crying, I run up and hold her in my arms trying to calm her down.

"hey it's ok love, it's ok. we're here for you" I rub her back

it takes her a little bit to calm down but when she does I pull away and rub my thumb on her cheek, I decide to let her family talk to her for a little bit and sit down.

they said she'll be able to go home after they run a few more tests which is good but they mentioned that we should try to figure out who raped her. her mom tried talking to her but neither of them could get her to say anything.

"Billie I'm sorry to ask this but do you think maybe you could try to talk to her and maybe help us out?" she whispers

"yes of course don't worry I'll try my best" I reply

I walk over and sit on the side of the bed and hold her hand.

"hey stranger" I smile

"hey bil" she smiles back

"Can you give us some privacy please?" she adds and looks over at macie and her mom

"yes of course honey" She gets up and macie follows

"you wanna tell me what happened? I know this is hard and I know you don't wanna talk to them but I'm here ok? You can talk to me I promise" I say seriously

"I know it's just hard for me to talk about, especially with them" She looks down

I lift up her chin with my fingers so she's looking up at me and say "Hey it's ok I know this is hard for you, you can talk to me I'll tell them if you want me to so you don't have to"

she grabs my hand and holds it, then says "ok I'll tell you" ...