2.04

AUDENZIA

I sat quietly beside Hiccup, staring out into the crowd. Nove sat behind my chair. All I could think about was how... i thought a dragon killed my parents but it was my father brother. My uncle.

The Night fury killer was my uncle?

"This is a new kind of enemy, Audenzia and I underestimated him. That is on us. But we will not do that again." Hiccup's statement brought me out of my thoughts.

"We're vikings, we don't run from a fight." Snotlout said.

"I agree with Hiccup, we haven't seen the last of Grimmel. He's a predator, single-minded and patient. He won't stop until he gets what he wants." Eret moved beside me, looking down at me.

"We have to take this threat seriously." I clenched my jaw at Valka's declaration.

"Grimmel is just a sign of the times." Hiccup said. Silence fell over us.

I glanced over at Astrid, before slowly standing. Attention was brought to me at the sound of my chair scraping against the ground. Our enemies are getting smarter, more determined." I said calmly. "We're not just overcrowded. We're exposed... vulnerable. Short of full-blown war and risking everyone we love, I don't... I don't think we can stay here any longer."

The crowd was outraged by my statement. Yelling at me.

Astrid slammed her ax down on the wooden table. "Hey! Hear her out." She swiftly sat back in her seat and nodded at me.

I looked at Hiccup, placing a hand on his shoulder. He looked just as confused by the statement as the crowd did. "If we want to live in peace with our dragons, we need a better plan."

"What are you saying, General?" Gobber asked.

"I'm saying we have to disappear. Off the map. Take the dragons to a place where no one can find them."

"And where might that be?" one of the vikings in the crowd asked.

"She's talking about a quest for the Hidden World." Astrid said.

"Stoic was obsessed with it when Hiccup and I were growing up. He made notes and maps in search of the ancestral home of all dragons, tucked away somewhere beyond the edge of the world. It may be the solution we need."

The crowd disagreed. I looked over at Hiccup. "Do you trust me, Hiccup? Will you help me find it?"

He stayed silent. My shoulders dropped.

"Fine then." I scoffed, stealing the maps and swiftly jumping onto Nova's back.

"Wait." He stopped me, coming over and grabbing my hand. "I trust you, and I agree with you. THis could be out answer." He turned to the others and gave a speech, in the end they all agreed.

-

The next morning, I led the entire tribe over the ocean.

Snotlout and Hookfang cruised next to us. As we soared through the air, Nova perked her head up.

"What is it?" She looked around, until she spotted it. The second light fury.

Everyone else noticed her too. She flew upwards and once again disappeared into her own fire blast.

Nova flew up and looked for her, but couldn't see her. I turned around and saw her. "Look it, girl."

I smiled softly, the light fury flew towards us, stuck her claws out and stole me right off of Nova's back.

She flew me far away from Nova and the other and tossed me like a piece of trash.

I screamed as I plummeted towards the ocean until at the last second I was caught. I looked up at Nova as she tossed me back onto the saddle and flew up to lead the tribe once more.

We flew until we came across an island, once we landed we established that this was where we were to camp for the night.

Until Hiccup decided that we can now live here.

"Wait... hold on now." I chuckled, grabbing onto Hiccup's elbow. "Listen, I know you're chief but maybe we should talk about this. You say this is defensible and hidden, but its not. If it was hidden, we wouldn't have been able to just fly on up to it..."

"Relax..." He put a hand up to me. "This is only until Audenzia and Nova possibly find the hidden world."

The tribe groaned, dispersing. I furrowed my brows at Hiccup. "Just us?"

"Auden, I have to stay here and keep my people safe. And frankly, I have doubts this place exists. My people come first, but I will never stop you from searching."

"Okay." I nodded. "Then I guess we'll head out in the morning."

-

I stayed up halfway through the night watching over the way we came, when Hiccup appeared next to me with a yawn.

"Have you seen Toothless?" He asked, I jumped up with panic.

"He's gone?"

"Relax, Toothless just woke me and left the tent. I bet he's just going to explore. C'mon." He pulled me up and we ventured into the forest together.

Following the sounds of the playing dragon until we found him by a lake. He was also with with the second light fury.

Hiccup and I hid behind a tree as the two dragons dance around each other. Toothless found Hiccup and I hiding and looked to us for help, the two of us doing different dancing motions to guide him.

This confused him, so he combined the two and ended up spinning into her and throwing sand all over her.

Hiccup gave him a thumbs up, then did a new move that Toothless copied. The dragon then did a bunch of improved moves that confused the poor girl. She reached up and hit him in his head with her paw. She then flew over to a branch and hung upside down like a bat.

Toothless climbed his way onto the branch, Hiccup and I tried to tell him to get down or else it would break, but instead he began bouncing on it.

It, of course, broke and he fell. He then found a stick and began drawing in the sand.

He drew the face of the light fury. She stepped forward, onto the line, and Toothless growled at her. She growled back, and Toothless stopped, making her stop.

Hiccup and I watched with smiles on our faces as the light fury approached Toothless, then started to fly around him.

She then spotted us. Her face scrunched and she began flying away. Toothless tried to take off after her, but fell into the lake and called out for her. She ignored him and continued flying away.