Chapter 18

Inside the car....

Vinu and Savi had fallen asleep at the back seat. Sai was sitting infornt on the passenger seat while Satya was driving. A comfortable silence was there between them. Probably they both were too shy after recognising their own feelings. Satya broke the silence by initiating a conversation.

Satya - Agar tumhe Aai se milne jana tha to mujhe bata deti mai tumhe le chalta.

Sai - Uh..nhi nhi. Vo mai to apni ek purani college friend se milne gai thi. Jab laut rhi thi to raste mein Aai mil gai to unhone insist Kiya ghar chalne ke liye. That's it.

Satya was still not convinced by her answer. He felt that she was hiding something from him.

Satya - Mujhe aisa kyu lag raha hai ki tum mujhse kuch chhupa rhi ho ? Koi baat hai ? Kuch hua hai to tell me.

Sai - Umm... Hua to hai but trust me Aai se baat krne ke baad I'm really not bothered about that anymore. Aur mera mood abhi boht accha hai to mai uss incident ko yaad nhi karna chahti. And don't worry mai tumhe bata dungi but abhi nhi plz..

Satya - Okay okay... no worries. Mujhe batana ya na batana that's your wish but tum bas khush raho. That's enough for me.

They reached Chavan Niwas. Before he could get out of the car Sai spoke....

Sai (admiring him) - Tumhe kaise pata chal jata hai ki mere sath kuch hua hai ?

Satya (looking at her lovingly) - Jab baat tumse judi ho to mujhe pata chal jata hai. Ab kyu aur kaise ye mujhe bhi nhi pata.

They kept on looking into eachother's eyes. Sai saw something in his eyes which gave her butterflies. Satya too was lost in her ocean eyes. Their eyelock was broken when Savi stirred in her sleep. They both got out of the car and picked the sleeping kids in their arms and went inside the house.

Sai got changed in her night suit and sat on the bed lost in Satya's thoughts. Her trance was broken when she heard a knock. She looked up to see the same man standing there.

Sai - Are... tum bahar kyu khade ho aao na.

Satya - Bina permission ke kaise andar aa jata ?

Sai - Tumhe mere room mein ya hospital mein mere cabin mein aane ke liye permission ki zarurat nahi hai. I trust you.

Satya - Umm... Mai tumhe coffee ke liye bulane aaya tha.

Sai - Han mai bas aa hi rhi thi. Chalo.

Sai and Satya sat in the lawn. Sai was lost in admiring Satya when the cup slipped from her hands and the coffee fell on the ground.

In order to prevent her from getting burnt, Satya pulled Sai towards himself.

Satya - Sai ! Tum theek ho na ? Kahi jala to nhi ? Coffee tumhare upar to nhi aai na ? Tum thik ho ?...

Sai - Satya Satya shant shant... Mai theek hu bilkul theek. Pata nhi kaise mere hath se cup slip ho gya aur coffee zameen par gir gai but don't worry tumne sahi time par mujhe kheech liya. Isliye mai bilkul theek hu. Calm down.

She rubbed his hands in order to calm him. Satya felt relieved after listening to her.

Satya - Wait... Mai abhi tumhare liye dusri coffee banakar lata hu.

Sai - Nhi..nhi...uski zarurat nahi hai.

Satya - Are par tumhi ne to kaha tha ki tumhe mere hath ki coffee piye bina neend nhi aati. Isliye...

Sai - It's alright Satya... Mujhe neend aa jayegi. Don't worry.

Satya - Acha thik hai. Ye lo you can drink this.

Saying this Satya offered her his coffee.

Sai - I have a better solution...we can share this.

Satya agreed and took a sip and then offered the cup to her. His heart fluttered when Sai took the sip from the same place where he did. When Sai offered him the cup back, he took it and took another sip from that same place while directly looking into her eyes. Sai's cheeks became red as
she noticed his act and the constant gaze. She felt butterflies in her stomach. Satya noticed her blushing. He wondered "Does she feel something for me ? Maybe she does that's why she never denies when I embrace her during our coffee nights. Maybe that's why she proposed to share the coffee and man she is blushing looking at me. Oh god her blush is making me go crazy. Control Satya control. Btw aaj isse thand nhi lag rahi kya ? Ab mai isse hug kaise karu ? To hell with control. I'll hug her today also otherwise mujhe chain nhi milega. Aur agar isne deny nhi kiya to mai samajh jaunga ki iske mann mein mere liye kuch hai."

Satya came closer to her without looking at her such that their shoulders were touching. He then wrapped her arm around her keeping his hand on her waist. Sai was not at all uncomfortable instead she was missing his embrace. As a reflex of his action she shifted a little more into him. When Satya noticed this he danced internally.

Sai (in mind) - Why is he doing things like these ? Pehle vo constant gaze aur ab ye. Mujhse control nhi ho rha hai and he doesn't mind me being this close to him. Does he also love me ? Kash Jo mai soch rhi hu vo sach ho. Bappa plz...

Satya (in mind) - Damn she shifted more towards me. That means she feels something for me. Bappa ! thank you so much. Ab kal hi mai isse apne dil ki baat bata dunga. Bata dunga ki kitna pyar karta hu mai isse.

Satya tightened his hold on her waist. Sai felt goosebumps. She could feel the shape of his fingers. She had a hard time controlling herself but the very next second he pulled her more into him and a soft moan escaped her mouth. Satya pretended that he didn't listen anything but smirked internally on seeing his effect on her. In order to calm her racing heart, Sai kept her head on his chest. A sweet smile appeared on his face. He too kept his head over hers. Sai cuddled more into him wrapping her one hand around his torso as a cool breeze blew. Satya held her other hand in his free hand and rubbed it to provide her a little warmth. Both of them sat silenty gazing at the sky praying for the moment to never end. Sai slept on his chest after a few minutes. When the chilness in the environment increased, Satya decided to go back inside the house.

He saw Sai sleeping peacefully in his arms. Her face looked as serene as the moon. Her pink lips attracted his attention. They looked so kissable. Satya somehow controlled himself. He didn't had the heart to wake her up. He slowly lifted her in his arms.

Here the Chavans were sitting in their portion of the living room and discussing about Karishma's brother's wedding for which all of them had to leave tomorrow morning. Their discussion stopped and eyes went wide when they saw Satya entering the hall with Sai in his arms. Satya royally ignored their presence. Virat's blood boiled. He got up in anger but Patralekha held his hand.

Pakhi - Kahan jaa rahe ho ?

Virat - Tumhe dikhayi nhi de rha hai ?

Pakhi - Mujhe sab dikhayi de rha hai lekin shayad tumhe kuch samajh nahi aa rha hai. Yha ek important family discussion ho raha hai to better hoga agar tum paraye logon par se apna dhyan hatakar yha dhyan do.

Satya (in mind) - Life mein pehli baar shayad iss aurat ne koi sensible baat kari hogi. Vaise I'm loving this angry jealous look on their faces and especially Virat. Mujhe isse iss tarah tadapte huye dekhkar boht maza aa rha hai. Khair ! Abhi yha se jata hu varna Sai inka drama sunkar jag jayegi and I don't want her to waste her precious sleep for them. I don't want to her to face any drama atleast not till her birthday.

Satya ascended the stairs and took Sai to her room. He laid her on her bed and covered her with a duvet. He then gave a soft peck on her forehead. Sai smiled in her sleep. Satya closed the lights and left for his room.