Chapter 33

Two weeks later....

The whole Lavanya Niwas was decorated like a bride and why not. After all it was the engagement ceremony of our doctor couple Sai and Satya.

Satya (in his room) - Aai... Aai...

Amba came into the room listening to her son's shoutings.

Amba - Kay hai Satya ? Kyun chilla raha hai ?

Satya - Are... Aap ye batao mai kaisa lag raha hu ? Thik to lag raha hu na ?

Amba (warding off his evil eyes) - Boht accha lag raha hai. Teri baiko tujhe dekhti hi reh jayegi.

Someone - Bilkul theek kaha maushi. Mera bhai boht hi handsome lag raha hai.

Satya and Amba turned to see Devi standing on the door of the room along with Harini. A smile appeared on the mother son duo after seeing them.

Flashback :

Satya and Sai returned home from the court. They were sitting in the living room when the doorbell rang. Sai opened the door and saw Pulkit and Harini along with Devi.

Sai - Devi Tai...

Sai hugged her tightly. Seeing her after so many ears. She was the first person and only person in this house who had whole heartedly accepted her and always stood with her. Tears formed in the eyes of both.

Devi - Sai ! Kaisi hai tu ? Itne saal tujhe apne Tai aur jiju ki bilkul yaad nhi aai ? Tujhe pata hai itne saal mujhe lagta tha ki tu iss duniya mein.... Tu kitni gandi hai Sai.

Sai - Sare sawal jawab aur daant kya darwaze par hi karengi ? Andar aaiye na. Aaiye jiju, Harini come.

All of them entered into the living room.

Satya had a handshake with Dr. Pulkit. He then turned to Sai in confusion.

Sai - Satya, ye Devi Tai hain. Kaku ki beti aur Pulkit jiju ki wife. Tai, ye Satya hain Dr. Satya Adhikari.... Mere husband ! Aur aapke cousin bhi.

Pulkit had already informed everything about Satya and Amba to Devyani. Devi and Satya looked at eachother. New emotions building up inside both of them.

Devi (to Satya) - Tum mere bhai ho ?

Tears poured in Satya's eyes as she addressed him as her Bhai. He wiped those tears and nodded in yes with a smile. Although, he had a sister figure in form of Madhura, for the first time in his life he experienced the emotions of having a sister related by blood. Devi hugged him.

Harini - Mamu, aap kitne bade rotlu ho.

Saying this she too side hugged him and Satya kept his hand on her head. Sai and Pulkit giggled listening to her.

Pulkit - Dekho Satya, abse ye Dr. Deshpande kehkar bulana band karna hoga tumhe. Jija hu tumhara. Jiju kehkar bulana jaise Sai bulati hai.

Satya nodded in yes at him.

Vinu and Savi came downstairs and saw Devi. Vinu ran to her seeing his Devi bua and hugged her.

Satya - Devi bua...

Devi - Are... Mera Vinu. Kaisa hai bada ?

Vinu - Mai accha hu aap kaise ho ? Aur aap itne time tak mujhse milne kyu nhi aye ?

Devi - Ab aa gai hoon na bada. Vaise... Tumhari behen kaha hai ? Savi ?

Savi walked upto them as Vinu called her.

Sai - Savi bada, ye aapki bua hai.

Savi - Namaste !

Devi - Namaste ! Kitni pyari ho tum. Bilkul apni Aai ki tarah. Idhar aao.

Devi hugged Savi and then caressed her face. She took out chocolates from her handbag and gave it to the kids. All of them spent a happy time together.

Later in the evening, The Despandes accompanied Saiya and kids to Lavanya Niwas as Devi wanted to meet Amba. Amba when got introduced to Devyani remembered the baby Devi which she had last seen when she was 2-year old. The emotional meet up ended up with joy as Satya announced that he will prepare the dinner for everyone.

The next day, Karishma and Mohit along with Ninad came up to shoulder the responsibility of the wedding as ladkiwale.

During this one week, Satya and Mohit gelled up as brothers. Mohit couldn't help but think about his deceased brother as Satya reminded him of his Samrat dada. Satya and Karishma used to team up together inorder to tease Mohit while the latter was saved by his Sai Vahini.

Virat on seeing the new developments felt even more guilty. All this could have been his only if he had the courage to stand up against the wrongdoings of his family. It was too late to repent and propably it was his share of punishment decided by God to see Sai and his kids happy with someone else. Nevertheless, he had now started to accept the things the way they were. Ashwini on the other hand was worried about her son as he lost everything. As.Patralekha was out of the picture, she somewhere wished for the reunion of Sai and Virat but couldn't express her feelings as Ninad had clearly warned her not pose any kind of problem for his daughter as the concequences will not be good.

Flashback ends.

Amba - Are... Aa gye tum log. Itna time kyu laga diya ?

Devi - Sorry Maushi. Vo kya hai na Pulkit ko ek emergency ki vajah se hospital se aane me late ho gya aur Harini ki bhi aaj extra class thi.

Amba - Koi baat nhi. Accha tum log batein karo mai jati hu hn mujhe thoda kaam hai.

Harini - Vaise Mamu, aap sach much mein bohot handsome lag rahe ho.

Devi - Sundar to meri Sai bhi boht lag rhi hai hn.

Satya - Aap log mil liye Sai se.

Harini - Han ! Aur vo na boht pretty lag rahi hain. Koi dekhe to dekhta hi reh jaye. Maine to unki picture bhi li hai.

Satya - To dikha na baccha.

Harini - Na na ! Thoda sabar kijiye. Abhi thodi der me aapko unse milna hi hai aur phir pure function aap dono ko sath me hi rehna hai.

Satya - Kya yrr... Sai se baat karna to dur subah se maine uski shakal bhi nhi dekhi.

Devi - Are... Bas thoda time aur. Patience rakh.