Chapter 32

It had been two weeks since that day and today was Patralekha's final hearing regarding the surrogacy case. Sai too had to attend the hearing. She got ready for the same.

Virat saw Sai entering the courtroom alone.

Pakhi - Kya hua ? Tumhara pati tumhare sath nhi aya ? Vaise to boht kehti ho ki Satya humesha mera sath deta hai... mere sath khada rehta hai. Ab kahan hai vo ?

Sai - Mera support krne ke liye Satya ko har vakt mere sath rehne ki zarurat nahi hai. Khair ! Meri chhodo apni fikr karo. Jakar apne pati ke sath batein karo time spend karo kyunki ab agle kai saal tumhe usse dur jail mein jo guzarne hain.

Pakhi - Aisa kuch nhi hoga samjhi tum. Virat aisa kuch nhi hone dega.

Sai - Dil ko dilasa dene ke liye ye khayal accha hai.

She walked past them and sat on the bench. Ninad came to her.

Ninad - Sai bada ! Satya nhi aaya ?

Sai - Vo baba... Satya ko ek emergency case ki vajah se subah subah hospital jana pada varna vo zarur aate.

Ninad nodded his head understanding. Judge came and the hearing started.

Skip to the judgement :

Judge - Tamam sabuton aur gawahon ko madde nazar rakhte hue ye adalat iss nishkarsh par pahunchi hai ki Mrs. Patralekha Virat Chavan ne dhoke se bina Dr. Sai Joshi ke permission ke surrogacy process karwaya aur delivery ke baad baccha Dr. Sai Joshi ko rightfully handle nhi kiya. Iske sath hi apne motive ko successful karne ke liye unhone Dr. Sai Joshi par hamla bhi karwaya. Iss pure plan mein Mrs. Bhawani Nagesh Chavan ne unka sath diya. Isliye ye court Mrs. Patralekha Chavan ko 10 saal ki imprisonment ke sath 1 lakh ka monetory compensation ki saza sunati hai. Sath hi Mrs. Bhawani Nagesh Chavan ko 5 saal ki jail ki saza sunai jati hai. Mr. Virat Chavan ne apni power ka galat istemaal karke Mrs. Patralekha Chavan ki bail karai aur  case ko bina investigation kiye close karwaya isliye unhe last warning dete hue DCP ki post se demote karte hue vapas ACP ki post saunpi jati hai. The court is adjourned.

Sai closed her eyes giving a sigh of relief. A huge burden and guilt of not punishing her wrongdoer finally lifted off her heart. She could hear Patralekha and Bhawani's constant pleadings to Virat to do something. Ashwini was standing beside her asking her to get Bhawani and Patralekha released but she didn't care even a bit. She opened her eyes, took her bag and silently came out of the courtroom without paying any attention to the people calling her.

Satya quickly parked his car outside the court and went inside running. He saw Sai coming out of the courtroom. No expressions on her face. He ran up to her.

Satya - Sai ! Kya hua ? Hearing kaisi gai ? Kya hua court mein ? Tum kuch bol...

Before he could continue with his questions he heard a commotion behind. Patralekha and Bhawani were being dragged out by the lady constables, their hand's handcuffed. Them shouting for help but nothing was possible now. Bhawani had been the cause for his Aai's sufferings and Patralekha the cause of Sai's. He looked at his wife's face. A subtle smile on their faces along with teary eyes. Satya engulfed Sai in a hug. Their criminals were finally punished.

Virat was completely devastated. He lost his everything his love, his children, his wife, his family's prestige, his post everything. All he had was regret. Regret of prioritising Pakhi over Sai. Regret of never understanding her pain. Regret of not paying attention to her insecurities and warnings against Patralekha. But Sai had forgave his every mistake until he made the biggest one. No not a mistake but a sin. A sin of snatching a child from his own mother. And that was something which was unforgiving and unforgettable. That one action of his has brought this day. He now realised what she went through everytime he prioritised Patralekha. He still had his parents beside him but she had nothing back then. Neither a supportive family not an understanding husband, just a child but that also he snatched. He was now going through all what she had. Loss of love, seeing her married and happy with someone else. His children considering someone else as their father figure. He knew it was too late to repent. All he could do was let go off Sai and the kids and try to be a better person from now on. Amid all this he totally ignored Patralekha's rants. That women deserved even worst than this. He was now somewhere happy that Sai finally got her happiness and upset that he was not the source of that happiness.

Satya and Sai parted from their hug. They wiped eachother's tears. They saw Patralekha and Bhawani being pushed into the police van and taken away. Their pleadings and tears gave them their much awaited satisfaction.

Satya looked at Sai and forwarded his hand to her.

Satya - Chalein Mrs. Adhikari ?

Sai smiled at him and wrapped her hand around his arm.

Sai - Chaliye Mr. Adhikari.

They walked out of the court hand in hand and smile on their faces. It was a new beginning for them in true sense.