14: Breaking Down

It is Sena and Wonwoo’s second date at Sena’s apartment as promised in their first date. Sena told him to take his time for lunch as she didn’t get the chance to buy groceries since she had to meet with a client last night. He kind of feels sorry but she insists on hosting the lunch today. He intentionally came 30 minutes late to the scheduled time, so she could take her time.

By the time he arrived at her place, he rang the doorbell in front of the door number she told him on the text. However, she didn’t directly respond, so he rang the bell one more time. Not too long after that, he could hear the unlock door sound which was the sign for him to come in.

Sena was rushing to welcome him at the door, still in her apron, he could tell that she was a bit all over the place, “Hi there.” She greeted him with a tiny smiles on her face. “I told you to not bring anything.” she protested seeing a bag in his left hand.

“This is for me.” He refers to the cookies he brought and she just scoffs, smiling quietly while shoving the inside sleepers in front of him.

Sena instinctively took his jacket and hung it on the rack, while Wonwoo observed her place. The living room is pretty neat and minimalist to put it in a good way, he could see the air purifier he bought for her placed and used in between the living room and the kitchen. It is turned on, he is happy that it is put into a good use.

“It is boring is it?” Sena bait a comment the moment she notices him observing the living room.

He saw the apartment has a high ceiling and there is a mezzanine in it, which is something he rarely sees in a regular apartment. Considering the complex and the model of it, this woman really makes money.

“Let me show you around.” Sena offered, she put off her apron on the kitchen stools.

The first floor has everything needed for living, kitchen and dining room in one place, washing room, a guest room, guest bathroom, and the master bedroom. He noticed that each room has more characters compared to the open area, then she brought him upstairs to the mezzanine. Now, he could tell that she spends most of her time there and in her bedroom as both have similar styles. The upstairs area is her workspace where the racks reach the ceiling full of law and other books, mixed in Korean and English. The area is the combination of warm wood color and pastel color, there is a sofa and TV to chill. It feels like a man's cave that makes you want to stay there a long time and do things. It has a small drinking fridge in the corner and a comfy carpet just around the sofa. He didn't stop awwing since he was there, he also found some games in the rack next to the computer which made him more excited, she even has an Xbox.

“I heard you like playing games, you can look around or play with them while I prepare the table.” Sena said noticing that Wonwoo is immersed in the area, the man quickly agreed as he nodded unconsciously. Sena just smirked and went downstairs wrapping up what she was doing earlier.
“You have quite a collection up there.” Wonwoo said as soon as he was back and took a seat on the dining table, the food was set and Sena was just getting the mocktail she prepared from the fridge. She smiled in response and walked towards the seat across from him and put the jug and the glasses. The man just realized many things happened on the table. “You prepared all this?” he asked to confirm.

Sena smiled proudly seeing his eyes, “This is what I can do with the time given. Hope it suits your taste. Have a bite.” She was being humble, as he saw many things she prepared for a casual lunch. He took a bite and Sena quickly asked him how it tasted.

“It’s really good.” he praised her sincerely, “Are you sure this is not store bought?” He teased her and she just chuckled.

“It is.” Sena answered in a poker face, leaving Wonwoo dumbfounded. He looked at Sena confused as he remembered she was going to cook and she went for groceries this morning. “I bought the ingredients from the store this morning, remember?” She smiled a bit, but not as wide as usual. She looked tired to him.