12: Double Trouble

That night Wonwoo went to a dining place to meet his old friend. It has been a while since they saw each other, he has so much to catch up, especially with his business has been growing so much. This friend supported him a lot back in the day and also inspired him to keep going in the career he is now.

"Jeon Wonwoo!" The friend greets him with a loud voice as soon as he enters the room. There were several other people, some he only knew by name and some people he never met before, they greeted each other. It was not a social setting that Wonwoo is familiar with, however, he has so much respect for Cha Haesoo to do so. The man of the gathering tapped the sit beside him asking Wonwoo to sit beside him. He smiles proudly at him, noticing how much he has grown as a man now. Wonwoo shyly accepted the compliment and proposed a cheer back for Haesoo with a glass of soju.

It is not new for Wonwoo to have people's eyes on him, although he still feels shy about it from time to time. But he knows how to use it back as a confidence instead of a threat. He always try to be nice and kind responding to it or he'd say or react to nothing at all.

"You really look better in person." Shin Garam, one of Haesoo's friends, sneakily gets closer to them. Wonwoo just politely nodded to the compliment.

"You won't get a chance." Haesoo snickered at her to shoo her away so they both could talk. The woman just gave him a side eye before moving on talking with other people.

Haesoo updated him on his growing business and how social media helped him alot to market worldwide. "You know how I used to hate it when my parents moved to Jakarta. Now, I feel blessed that I learned using digital media from one of the biggest populations in the world. Thus, now our cosmetic products run really well in Southeast Asia especially."

"I am glad to see your brand is everywhere." Wonwoo praised him.

"Why don't you become the face of our product?" Haesoo showed his smooth talking to him and he just chuckled, "Is this how you make your business deal?" Wonwoo asked and Haesoo laughed it off, "Was I smooth?"

"Yes, very smooth." Wonwoo agreed directly and Haesoo poured him another drink. Then a text arrived on Haesoo's phone, and his expression changed. It is not something Wonwoo was familiar with, not over ten years they knew each other. But maybe 2 years are long enough for someone to experience many things.

"Are you seeing someone lately?" Haesoo asked out of the blue, his expression is back to normal now.

It took some time for Wonwoo to decide whether to tell him or not, but his beaming eyes said it all.

"You don't have to tell me. I might know the person already." Haesoo pointed at the door, Wonwoo is surprised to see Dahyun just arrived greeting the people at the gathering. He looked at Haesoo who stood up and was about to call Dahyun, but Wonwoo was quick enough to catch him. "You don't want me to get close to your girl? You don't have to be so jealous, I won't take her away from you." Haesoo teases him and goes closer to Dahyun.

"Hyung!" Wonwoo called Haesoo tried to stop him. For the first time he arrived, he wanted to leave immediately. He didn't want to be somewhere near Seo Dahyun. The way she cheated on him made him and the words she said right after are still clear in his mind. Seeing her smile like that disgusted him, it reminds him of the betrayal she did to him.

Wonwoo looked away and drank the glass in front of him. People beside him offered to pour him glass and he pretended to engage conversation with them to not look in the other direction. He didn't want to deal with that woman anymore.

"Oppa... I am here." A familiar voice came close to his group of conversation, he was laughing and talking about something he knew nothing about. He knew whose voice it was, but he refused to look at her and play along. He asked the other person about the story and laughed like a seal when it was not that funny. He just didn't want to have anything to do with her.