Chapter 02: Broken and Useless

A few hours had passed since the nameless man lost consciousness. When he finally opened his eyes, he was greeted by unfamiliar runes hovering in front of him.

[System activated]

[Do you wish to proceed?]

"What illusion is this? Proceed what?" The man was clueless about the meaning behind these words, uncertain whether it was a good or bad thing for him. Nevertheless, since he is trapped inside this cave with no food and a weak body, barely allowing him to walk properly. He desperately needed any form of assistance.

The nameless man guessed that the red diamond that his body had absorbed earlier might be connected to these strange runes, so he decided to take his chances. After all, what other choice does he have?

"Proceed," the nameless man uttered, and numerous messages appeared in quick succession.

[System synchronized with the user]

[Error Error]

As this message appeared, the man felt a small headache

[Missing Data, Unable to synchronize with the user]

[Searching for an alternative solution]

[Error Error]

Soon, the headache escalated rapidly into pain, causing the nameless man to inhale deeply.

"Another pain? When is this going to stop?"

[Backup Data corrupted, Unable to recover]

[Unable to find a solution, System malfunction]

[Searching for an alternative solution]

A crimson glow emanated from the man's chest, accompanied by a surge of heat.

[Magic core detected, User permission is required]

[Error Error]

[System override, User must survive, Magic core is consumed]

The crimson glow vanished and the man heard a shattering sound, like a broken glass inside his chest.

[System successfully created The User Assistant]

[Welcome User]

The messages stopped, the pain stopped, giving the man a breather and time to think about what just happened.

"It seems something went wrong," the man pondered.

"You're right," a voice resounded out of nowhere. The man instantly became alerted, looking around for the source.

"Where are you? Show yourself!" the man exclaimed.

"I am right here inside your ...*bizz 'empty' *bizz... head," the voice spoke in two distinct tones, leaving the nameless man confused.

"Who are you?" the man inquired.

[I am your assistant, User ...*bizz 'You wish' *bizz... I'll help you in the best way I can to ensure your ..*bizz 'You're a dead meat' *bizz.. survival.]

The man shook his head. utterly confused by this assistant of his. It seemed as though two separate voices were speaking simultaneously. Nonetheless, if he was going to help him, then this was a good thing, right?

"So?... How can you help?" the man questioned.

[System is able to...]

[Error Error]

[Apologies User, ...*No, not really,*... it appears that all of my functions are either corrupted or lost. Due to this malfunction, the system is able to provide the User with only the Status option at the moment,] the system responded.