Chapter 05: Goblin cave

Aron, this is the name that The nameless man chose to identify himself. Raum clapped his wings with happiness as he sat there. On Aron's shoulder.

"Aron....Nice to meet you"

Raum was delighted to be out of that damn cage, and for the first time in his life. He met someone who didn't harbor hatred or negative feelings toward him. Raum had the ability to sense people's emotions to some extent. When Aron became angry at the humans' actions towards him, it melted the ice in Raum's heart, bringing tears to his eyes.

Aron, on the other hand, was pleased to see the raven in good spirits, and he didn't mind letting him sit on his shoulder.

Aron opened the system message and checked the latest one—a new skill.

...

[Mana manipulation: "Mana flows like water, It can give Life or can take Life" You can control the mana within you to infuse weapons and armors and boost their status, as well as manipulate the mana in any object that contains it to some degree, based on skill level and user knowledge.

Current skill level 1]

...

"Hmm, an interesting skill," Aron noted. "So, I can make my weapons do more damage and my armor take less damage." Aron sighed as he looked at what remained of his spiked club. "It's a pity I didn't have this skill before I lost my club."

Seeing the frown on Aron's face, Raum chose to provide some information that might give Aron hope. "Aron, my friend, I saw some weapons and armor when I escaped the goblins. Although they were in bad shape, maybe you can use them."

Aron's eyes sparkled with excitement at Raum's words. Yes, weapons would be great to have, but more importantly, Aron needs armor or something so he can cover himself since, well, he's completely naked right now.

The more he thought about it, the more he felt like burying his head in the ground out of embarrassment. He was lucky that no one saw him, and the whole place was dark. The thought of armor brought a warm smile to his face as he patted Raum's head.

"First, let's find some weapons and armor, and then we'll leave this place for good. Do you know the way out?" Aron asked.

Raum raised his head proudly. "Of course, but we need to be careful since we're in a goblin cave."

Goblins. If what Raum said was true, then the green monsters that Aron killed were called goblins, and he was currently in a cave full of them. Aron had barely been able to slay the last one if not for his "Wrath" skill.

Wrath is a great skill to have, but against multiple opponents, especially if they have some intelligence, they can stall the fight and use hit-and-run tactics, not to mention the drawback of using the skill's active ability.

Aron needed to find a way to use the skill to its full potential, so for now, he decided to save it as a last resort. Aron's wounds from the previous fight had healed, surprising him with the speed of his recovery. He checked his status.

...

[Status]

Name: ????

Race: Dragon

Level: 01

Experience: 20/100

Class: ????

Health: 100/100

Mana: 50/50

Strength: 10

Stamina: 5

Agility: 5