Chapter 2: The Sorting

Alexia Riddle

We were standing outside of the great hall and we were shaking. From the inside of course. Riddles can't be seen to be nervous. It'll tarnish our reputation. We were alone in the hallway right now. The first year's were called in some time ago. We could barely concentrate on the rubbish Dumbledore was going on and on. I caught the word "dementor" thrown around. But his boring speech was the last thing on our minds at that moment.

"Ugh! When is the old croon going to finish with his long speech?" Mathheo groaned out. "Emphasis on the word loong" He continued.

"Patience brother. Impatience is a devil's virtue." Tom answered coolly while leaning against a pillar.

"Well, aren't we his spawns? Or do you need me to remind you of our lineage, Tom?" Matt spoke as a sly smirk crept across his face.

"Oh shut it you two." I sneered at my brothers. "We could be up any second now so you have to stop bickering."

"Sorry mom"

"Yeah, sorry Lexi."

I was about to argue back and had a very savage reply ready and would have been out with it if Tom hadn't shushed us.

"And now I would like to introduce you to three new students. They are not first years. They are transferring from Durmstrang this year. So, I hope you will welcome them with open arms. Ah! yes there they are." Dumbledore finished his long speech.

"Finally" Mattheo and I muttered under our breadth together.

The giant doors opened to massive great hall. The three pair of eyes were scanning every inch of the room from right to left and up to down. Candles were floating near the ceiling. The roof was bewitched to look like the outer sky. Even though we knew it wasn't real it was still mesmerizing. Those beautiful stars were like diamonds studded in a pillow made out of blue sapphire. At the front of the room on the stage was a worn out hat on an imbalanced stool. Dumbledore was standing near the podium and he looked exactly liked we had anticipated. Old. There was also a lady standing near the hat in emerald green robes. All the professors were sitting on a long table at the end of the room. Most of them looked joyful and excited.

Disgusting

Was our overlapping thought. But one teacher with greasy hair at the corner looked like he didn't want to be here and was much underpaid to deal with this B.S.

I like him.

Again an overlapping thought between the three of us. Tom was in the front. He is our leader. He walked in front as if in a way to protect us from incoming dangers. Every student's eyes were on us. It was as if they were scanning us to see fit if we were worthy enough to join their gangs. And ua all being skilled legilimenses made it so much more challenging. 

Wow! She's pretty.

Are they siblings?

Blimey! They are like angels who fell from heaven.

Oooh! I hope they are in my house.

He's so handsome.

Transferrers in the middle of their course? Seems a little suspicious.

Those gorgeous emerald eyes.

I even saw a red-headed twin yell out "Damn!"

We were walking confidently down the aisle. Not a single sweat broken. The short walk to the front seemed kilometers stretched upon which wasn't going to end soon. My crippling social anxiety didn't make it any easier. It was like we were in a circus and everyone was ogling us like we were monkeys about to perform marvelous tricks. I almost told them to take a picture to make it last longer.

Almost. 

We reached the stage and Dumbledore asked us to sit on the stool one by one to be sorted. "Is this really necessary? I mean given our lineage you know where we are going to end up." Tom bent in a way to whisper in Dumbledore's ear which was barely audible to the next person. 

"Since, this tradition trails back to the four founders who started it I recommend you do not break it." Dumbledore replied calmly. "Mr,-" He was about to continue when Tom basically hissed at him "Stop! We don't want the whole school to know who we are." "At least not yet" Tom murmured the last part between himself and us. 

We were about to sit down when the hat suddenly spoke up maybe in an attempt to startle, "Oooh, does this mean I get to sing the song again?" The lady in the emerald green robes replied, "No you don't. We don't have enough time. So, lets just finish this." The hat grunted at this in dissatisfaction, "But it takes me a whole year to write it and I only get to sing it once." 

Then one by one we sat at the stool. Tom went first then Mattheo then me. The hat barely touched our heads when it screamed "SLYTHERIN" at the top of its lungs if it had any.

Then all three of us went on to sit at the Slytherin table and the feast continued. Tom and Mattheo on either side of me. A platinum blonde haired boy and a dark haired girl were sitting opposite to us and she looked like she was about to say something but the blonde boy stopped her.

****************

Author

"I'm telling you Ron there is something wrong with that girl." Hermione spoke to her friends at the Gryffindor table.

"Oh come on Hermione! Look at her. There is nothing wrong with her." Ron argued back.

"Well, you only say that because she is beautiful. I mean look at Harry. He hasn't taken his eyes of her since the second she came in this room. And what was that conversation between the older boy and professor Dumbledore? It's all really suspicious."

"Hermione you need a good night's sleep. We'll talk about this tomorrow. Now, finish your food."

And so she went on to finish her food and that subject wasn't touched again that night.

**************************************************************

Hey guys! How are you liking it so far? I would love some feedback.

Have a good day.