Chapter 5: A Blast From The Past

Alexia Riddle

I walked to the Slytherin table in the great hall for breakfast the next morning with Pansy and Daphne. I had met the rest of my dorm mates last night after our session in the common room. I shared a dorm with four girls. Pansy Parkinson, Daphne Greengrass who had a little sister in year one, Millicent Bullstrode and Tracey Davis. They were all decent people but I liked Pansy the most.

Enzo was already sitting at the table with Tom and Mattheo, although Tom was busy in a conversation with his dorm mates Adrian Pucey and Cassius Warrington. I sat across from them and Tom acknowledged me with a "Good morning Lexi." and a stone face which I reciprocated with a smile. Mattheo was too busy eating to notice me.

Typical Matt.

We were all busy eating peacefully when a sudden clap startled me. I looked up to see Enzo in pain rubbing his back while Draco was standing beside him with a smug look. Draco had clapped Enzo on his back.

"Oww!" Enzo winced in pain. "Why did you do that?"

"I was just greeting my dear cousin." Oh yeah, Enzo had told everyone about his mother last night in the common room. Everyone was shocked but Draco had been absolutely dumbstruck. He didn't speak to anyone after the news and had gone straight to his dormitory. Enzo had just sat there while everyone soaked in the goods. I sat by him and gave him occasional encouraging looks and pats on his hand when he paused in between his story. Blaise had even promised that he wouldn't tell anyone but Enzo had said that he didn't care anymore. Enzo had given Draco twenty minutes of alone time before he went after him. Looks like he was in a better mood now.

"Well, couldn't you have greeted me in a way that didn't involve me being assaulted?" Enzo snapped at him. "Merlin! You are freakishly strong for someone so scrawny."

Theo slid in beside Enzo with a smirk while the rest of us tried to hold back our laughs.

"Speaking of mothers, who is yours?" Blaise turned to me, Matt and Tom who had come to sit on either side of me.

"Merlin Blaise. No hello? Good morning? How was your sleep?" Tom looked at Blaise raised brows.

"Okay. Hello Alexia. Good morning Mattheo. How was your sleep, Tom?" Blaise was getting impatient now. Tom smirked at him

"Don't poke your nose in other people's business Blaise. Stop being so nosy and I say this with good intentions." Pansy spoke for us while buttering her toast.

Before me or Tom could speak, Matt cut in, "We don't know." Well, that wasn't a half lie. Mattheo didn't know. Me and Tom merely glanced at each other. He had refused to know who our mother was and we didn't tell him that we had found out who she was. We never suspected that she was-

"Well, she must be a pure blood since you were admitted at Durmstrang." Draco spoke with a shrug. "Do you want me to ask my father who she is? He has great influence in the ministry."

"That's alright Draco. Thank you though." I told him and forced a smile his way. Theo was looking at me with a curious expression and I avoided looking at him. It felt as if he could see into my soul and my eyes were the windows he would see through. I felt burning behind my eyes but I blinked it away.

Not here. Not now Alexia. Pull it together.

We continued eating for a while when Tom bid us all goodbye and went almost skipping towards two red haired twins. Fred and George Weasley. Tom greeted them both with the bro handshake boys do and went out the great hall with them. I was happy for him, happy that he had found friends. Tom had a best friend at Durmstrang but after I started going there he started hanging around me more than he did with Tom. I knew he didn't blame me for his actions but a part of me did. Tom had had a rougher time with Rodolphus than us what with being the older sibling. We weren't subjected to physical abuse except for that one time but we weren't strangers to mental and verbal abuse. And since Tom was older, he took most of the hits.