PROLOGUE.

"Hey dude, what's up with you?"

     Stan looked up from the ground. His head was hanging low, and his gaze turned down, so he had not noticed you sitting on the edge of the sidewalk he was walking down.

"Nothing,"

    He turned his gaze back towards the ground, you raised an eyebrow at his behaviour. Although you hadn't been living in South Park for more than a few months , you had gotten to know Stan Marsh and his friends. He may not always be the happiest, or the most energetic, or optimistic, but he definitely wasn't always this gloomy.

    "Where your other friends at?" you asked. It was a simple question, an attempt to break the growing awkward silence between you two. "I don't know, out doing stuff I guess," he lifted his gaze to face you. Again, you and Stan weren't necessarily that close, but you ate lunch with him in groups, you had been his partner in school, and you had been over to his house for group sleepovers. He also invited you to his 10th birthday party the other day. "So why aren't you with them?" he sighed, finally taking a seat next to you on the sidewalk. "I don't know, they said I just bum them out when I'm around, but I can't help it! Ever since I turned 10 [name], things have been like, different, everything seems like shit!" Wow. That seems pretty serious. "Damn dude, that's tough," you replied. He let out an exasperated sigh. Poor guy seemed so conflicted. "Well man, I'm gonna be honest, just looking at you is bumming me out," Stan turned his head to meet yours. A disappointed expression shown through his features. "Let's go try and do something to cheer you up, I bet we can find something that doesn't seem like shit!" you said.

    Stan's gaze followed you as you stood up from the sidewalk. "You aren't hanging out with Craig and those guys?" he asked. "Nope, Tolkien's on vacation, Tweek's working, Craig's gotta a doctors appointment or something like that." You held out your hand to him. "I don't know where Clyde and Jimmy are, but I'm sure they'll be fine without me for a day." Stan hesitated for a second before taking your hand. He considered declining your offer to hangout, but he came to the conclusion that if nothing else helped, what could he possibly lose by giving hanging out with you a try?

————

Stan stood at his regular spot waiting for the bus. Kyle and Cartman were throwing insults at each other over something, and him and Kenny were simply watching it unfold, waiting for their chance to step in. Just as Stan was about to say something in Kyle's defence, something in the distance caught his eye. Slowly the person came closer into view.

"Hey guys,"

You greeted them as you stood next to Kenny. It went silent for a minute. The four other boys took a moment to look at you. This was strange. In the past 2 years you've been in South Park, you've never once ridden the bus. And you've definitely never waited at this bus stop. "[name] dude, what're you doing here?" Stan was the first to speak up. "Yea, what is this, you're not supposed to be here," Cartman followed up. "My mom finally gotta job, but she's gotta be there early in the morning, so she won't be driving me to school anymore." Silence fell upon them, as they looked between one another, you pretended not to notice.

————

"Dude dude dude what am I gonna do," Stan said pacing back in fourth. He was currently over at your house, looking for guidance on his latest relationship problem. "Stan, I'm gonna be so for real with you, you're an asshole," Stan stopped and faced you, he was standing while you were sitting on your bed. You guys were in the 8th grade now, and he and Wendy continued with their on and off relationship. For as long as you've known Stan, he's always been in this weird relationship with Wendy Testaburger. You becoming one of his closer friends, (and apparently the only one of his close friends with decent relationship advice), were pin pointed as his relationship 'therapist'.

"I know it's not good dude but what do I do? I mean I obviously didn't purposely forget about our date!" You looked up at him, about to respond, but you were cut off by a third presence in the room. "Are you both stupid? No wonder neither of you can keep girlfriends," Craig butted in. He put your game controller down, finally facing and acknowledging the both of you. "You obviously gotta apologize, go to her house and talk to her." Stan and you both stared at him before returning to glance at each other.

When Stan had called you about having to come over 'because of an emergency' you and Craig were already hanging out playing video games. When he arrived you had left Craig on the console, while you listened to Stan's problem.

"You're right!" Stan said. He turned towards your door and bolted out, "Thanks [name]! Thanks Craig!" Craig waited for you to make your way back next to him before handing you the controller "What's he given you thanks for? you did nothing," you sighed at Craig's comment. "Yeah we'll at least you fixed his problem."

————

    "Dude you gotta stay still!" You reprehended Stan as he squirmed away from you. "It feels weird! What do you want me to do?" "Stay still!"

    You and Stan were starting your sophomore year in a couple of weeks, and he had called you over, asking for your help with bleaching his hair. Something about him wanting to 'change it up'.

    "Okay, now you gotta let that sit for..." you reached for the box in the sink, looking over the instructions "30 minutes," you finished your sentence.

"You gotta be shitting me."

"You're the one who wanted to bleach your hair!"

————

"Last football game of your highschool career Marsh, you excited?" you said as you leaned against the locker next to his. "Yeah, yeah, Whatever," he replied, a dorky smile adorning his face. "Well I gotta get out of here before your coach kicks me out again," you said while leaning off the wall. "Knock 'em dead Stanley," you said patting his shoulder and walking away. Stan always appreciated your words of encouragement, even if you were joking half of the time, but for some reason he felt the need to make you proud of him tonight. They were gonna win this game, he would make sure of it.

South Park Cows: 55
Middle Park Cowboys: 30

————

"Is my Prom date ready?" you leaned against Stan's bedroom door. "Don't call me that, that's weird," Stan said laughing at your joke. "Why not? We're going to Prom together?" Stan just shook his head as he watched you walk away from the door frame and head downstairs. He followed your lead, making his way with you to your car.

He never imagined he would be showing up to Prom with one of his best friends. He always thought of taking his (ex) girlfriend Wendy, but ever since they broke things off before homecoming, and she got with Tolkien, that idea faded out of his head. He was still a bit heartbroken about the whole thing. He also worried about being alone at his last Highschool dance, considering most of his friends had found a date. But lucky for him, you and Kyle came to his rescue. Of course, you guys were just going as a friend group, but what confused Stan the most was why you of all people chose to not go with a date. He knew that at least 3 girls had asked you out to the dance yet for some reason you declined them. He never bothered you too much about it, but he did get on you a bit for rejecting them, then you reminded him you could easily leave his ass to be alone at Prom.

"Alright Marsh, we're meeting up with Kyle and Nicole-" "Woah wait, Kyle and Nicole?" you looked at Stan, "Yeah man, they decided to go together last minute, but Kyle said he didn't wanna ditch our plans so we're still meeting at the restaurant". Stan starred back at you before leaning back in your car's passenger seat. "Damn," was all he said. You focussed your attention back forward, beginning to drive off. You sighed, "Don't worry dude, it'll be alright".