TODAY (AND TOMORROW).

CHAPTER 7

"So Stanley, when do you plan on getting a job?" Randy asked his son. The sound of clinking and clattering plates could be heard as the Marsh's enjoyed their desert.

    Stan's parents had come back home, along with his sister. His mom had bought him a cake and made his favorite dinner as a late celebration for his graduation. They had only been back for a day, so he hadn't told them about the plan you and him had made. "Um, I don't know," he mumbled, silently debating whether he should start this conversation now. "Well Stan, when I was your age-" "Oh leave him alone Randy, he just graduated a few days ago and we left him all alone, you shouldn't be bothering him about this yet," Sharon cut him off. "Actually-" "Well I wouldn't be bothering him if he had just chosen to go to college, he could've gotten a full ride with playing football!" Sharon stared her husband down, "I would rather Stanley be happy then force him to play football for the rest of his life!" "It's not a bad choice-" Stan interrupted his parents, "I'm moving to California!" he announced. The table went quite. "What?" Randy was the first to speak up. Even Shelly who had been on her phone since they ended the main meal looked up.

"I'm moving to California with [name], he said he needed a roommate and asked me to go with him, so i'm going." There was another moment of silence, before Randy spoke up again. "Oh yeah, Oh wow, you see this was exactly what I was afraid of, now he's going off with that friend of his, we'll probably never hear from him again!" Stan sighed as he let his head fall to the table. Sharon looked at Randy before looking back at Stan, still processing everything. "Why is [name] going to California?" Shelly asked. "He's going to film school there, studying music production," Stan answered. "Oh so he's an art student too," Randy mumbled. "Dad, you liked [name]! You told me he was your favorite!" Stan said. "Yeah well that was before he convinced my son to runaway with him."

"Are you sure about this Stan?" Sharon asked. "Yeah mom, I'll get a job there, we'll both be paying the bills to the place, and I promise i'll keep in touch and come visit," Stan told his mom, trying his best to reassure all her worries. "Well, if it's what you really want, when do you guys leave?"

It was currently Monday, and you had talked to Stan a few days ago after you spent the night. You told him how you planned to leave Friday somewhere around noon. It was going to be around a 15 hour drive, but you guys planned on staying the night after the first few hours of driving once you left the state of Colorado. This was in order to get the 'full road trip experience'. After that you both would just stop and rest whenever you guys felt it necessary.

"Friday," Stan quietly answered his mom. "Oh Stan, that's so close, are you really sure you want to go?" She asked. "He's not, he's just doing this as his 'rebellion' for trying to get him to go to college," Randy added. "No, i'm not, i'm doing this because [name] is my best friend and there's a chance we could figure something out together," Stan corrected his father. "I thought Broflovski was your best friend," Randy stated. "He is too! But [name]'s always been there for me, he listens to what I have to say, and he cares about me. The other night we went to Bebe's party and he looked out for me-" Randy cut Stan off, "Oh god Stan, don't tell me you're into this guy." Stan was taken aback by his father's words "What? No! No dad it's not like that!" He immediately yelled out. "Mom, tell him it's not like that, you guys are acting like you don't know who i'm talking about!"

    Sharon just looked at her son before sighing, "Stan, have you really given this thought? I mean I know [name]'s a good kid, but this seems impulsive." Shelly just watched as her brother slowly lost confidence in his words and his posture deflate. Stan just stayed silent giving it up as hopeless to try and convince his parents to be ok with this right now. "I'm not hungry anymore," he said, getting up from the table and walking up the stairs to his room.

    "I thought you were PC," Shelly told her dad. "That didn't seem very open minded and supportive." Randy sighed at Shelly's comment. She was right, he didn't handle that in any way near the best way possible. "I'll talk to him later," Randy spoke up. Sharon nodded, looking at her son's empty seat and half eaten slice of cake. "Yes, I will too, If he really wants to do this, he has to know we support him." Randy just sighed in response.

————

Stan had his phone connected to the speaker again, trying to distract himself with music, but his thoughts kept going back to you and his plan. He was going to go with you, whether his parents liked it or not, but that wasn't what plagued his mind. He had his clothes and stuff laid out across the room, his collections, his shirts, pants and shoes, along with one small suitcase and a duffel bag.

You had told Stan you'd have room for two of his bags. If he needed anything else that couldn't fit you could always go back for it, since you were planning to come back at some point. He didn't want to take up space in your car that you might need, so he tried his best to narrow his necessities into two bags, but that task seemed to prove more and more difficult.

He heard a knock at his door, he groaned, before making his way over to the door, opening it. "Hey bud, we need to talk." There was Randy, standing at his door. "I'm busy right now," Stan told him. Randy stared at his son for a minute, he could hear Stan's speaker from the door, and from what he could see, many clothes and things we sprawled all across the room. "Stan, this is important." Stan looked back at his father, he could see the stern expression he had. "Fine."

Randy walked into his room, seeing exactly how serious Stan was about this whole moving to California thing. Randy made his way over to sit on Stan's bed. Stan was distracted with turning the volume down on his speaker, so he didn't notice his father catching a glimpse of the window sill. He decided making a comment on it wouldn't be the best move, but he made a mental note of the initials written in sharpie. "Stan, I know I shouldn't push anything onto you, but I just want the best for you," he started. He watched Stan make his way next to him and sit down. "I understand you have to do your own thing, and right now it feels like you and [name] can do anything together, but I just want you to really think about it son, just understand that this is a big responsibility." Stan sighed at his father's words. "I know dad, and you're right I don't know what i'm doing, but I want to try it out. [name] told me we could be over there for a few weeks, and if I don't like it I can come back, i'll get a job, I can probably apply to the community college here."

Stan looked at his father. Randy just stared back at him before slowly moving his eyes towards the window sill. Stan noticed where is father's gaze had landed, causing him to immediately straighten up. "That was... that uh, we were just hanging out before the party and stuff," Randy just nodded at his son, "Okay, i'll leave you alone now, but if there's anything," he put an emphasis on the anything, "you need to tell me, i'm here son. I'll love you no matter what," Randy stated. He stood up leaving Stan, hearing him mumble a 'love you too'. Once his dad left the room, he fell back onto the bed, groaning at the fact his dad probably thought there was something going on between you two.

He looked back over the piles of clothes on the ground, deciding it was too much of a headache to pack his stuff up today. He decided he'll just do it tomorrow.