CARPOOL.

CHAPTER 3

    Kyle sat in the corner of a table near the window of the cafe. Kenny was facing him, while Cartman sat next to him. Besides Kyle sat Clyde and Bebe. Craig, Tweek, Heidi, Jimmy and Timmy also joined them at the table. When he had originally invited 'a few guys' over to the coffee shop, he really only meant Kenny, Cartman, Stan and you. Maybe you guys would've bumped into Tweek, and possibly Craig. However to his disappointment, you couldn't go, and Stan, well, he was being Stan and just sort of disappeared after the graduation ceremony. This left him with Kenny and Cartman, and although he wouldn't have minded just those two, somehow more people tagged along.

    "So Kyle, Washington University?" Clyde asked beside him. Kyle turned his attention away from the window, turning his head to face Clyde. "Yeah, i'm planning on heading out by the ends of June or early July maybe," he answered. "Man, it seems like everyone's going off to these fancy new lives, why'd I get stuck here!"  Ignoring Clyde's comment, Heidi was next to talk. "Your going to study Psychology right?" Kyle nodded once again, "Yeah I'm gonna try and get my PhD." He had a small smile on his face, proud of himself for getting this far. "Pshh, you'll probably come crying back home in a year." Cartman interrupted. Kyle was quick to retort back. "Shut it fatass, at least i'm going somewhere in life." Cartman rolled his eyes. "Are you saying just because I'm staying in my home town i'm a failure? Does that mean you think Kenny, Jimmy, Clyde and Timmy are failures?" "What no-" Cartman cut him off, "Or what about your 'super best friend' Stan?"

    Kyle paused for a moment. "Stan's not a failure." There was a silence between them for a second. "Oh no? because the last time I checked he's not even going to college, I don't know Kyle, it seems that by your standards he's failing in life," Cartman said shrugging his shoulders. "Dude I never said that!" Kyle responded again. "Wait Stan's not going to college?" Bebe questioned. "He's just taking a break first, and even if he doesn't that's fine, everyone lives their own lives!" There was another pause after Kyle spoke. "Oh yeah for sure! I totally agree, I'm just surprised because I remember when him and Wendy were together they were talking about applying to the same schools, I just thought it was in his plans,"  Bebe replied shrugging her shoulders.

   An awkward silence grew for a minute between the table, before broken by the jingle of a bell at the door. "[name]!" Tweek said sitting up slightly straighter. At the mention of your name, both Clyde and Kyle perked up. "Hey guys," you said making your way over to the table. You stayed standing, leaning against both Clyde and Kyle's chairs. "Dude you told me you couldn't come!" Kyle said turning his head to face you. "Yeah man, what changed?" Clyde added on. You shrugged a bit before answering, "Lunch ended early, and I thought if you guys were still hanging out here i'd stop by, so I texted Craig and asked him. The table turned to look at Craig, as he continued eating a pastry he had ordered. "I thought it'd be a nice surprise," he said.

    "[name] I'm so glad you came bro, Kyle was talking all this shit about Stan and how he's going to fail in life if he doesn't continue his studies, tell him that's not true, like I thought you guys were best friends, you should stick up for him," Cartman said, looking at you with a 'serious' face. You just saw Kyle sigh, letting his head fall into his hands. "Damn Kyle, here I thought we were all friends," you said with sarcasm. Clyde snickered at your guys' antics. The rest of the table seemed to have fallen into a separate conversation, besides Kenny who was watching you guys. "I never said that, he looked up, folding his hands across the table after adjusting his glasses. "Hey [name], when are you leaving for California?" Kenny asked. You thought about it for a second before answering. "I don't know to be honest, was thinking of heading over in a week just to feel it out, spend another week there, then come back for the rest of the summer." Kyle hummed at your response, before Clyde spoke up. "If you do go down there you better come back to hangout with us before school starts." You laughed at him before just nodding. "Sure Clyde, I'll come back."

    "Hey [n.n], me, Kenny and Cartman were planning on heading over to my house before the party. I'm giving them a ride, I don't know if you wanna come and I could give you a ride too, I also texted Stan if he wanted to come over, but he didn't answer." You hummed at Kyle, taking into account the fact that Stan had not answered his phone. It was strange because you texted him a few minutes before entering the cafe, that you were heading over in a little under an hour. Sure he just replied with another thumbs up, but he was answering your texts. "I would go, but I got a few more things to do before, I'll text you once I start heading over to Bebe's place though," you said "You try calling Stan?" you asked. Kyle nodded, "Yeah, but he also didn't answer, went to voicemail." You looked at Kyle, debating on whether telling him Stan was answering your messages. It was just you and Kyle talking at the moment, and Kenny, who you and Kyle hadn't noticed, but he was paying attention to what you guys were saying. "I'll try calling him and tell you if he answers," you told Kyle. "But I gotta start heading out, Ill see you later Ky." You messed with his hair a bit, causing him to slap your hand away. "Alright i'll see you later [n.n]." he said shewing you away from him. You turned to the rest of the table, "I'll see you guys later," you waved goodbye before heading out, getting a few 'bye [name]'s' and waves in return. 

   You got in your car, and began driving over to Stan's house. Luckily for you, his family had moved away from the weed farm, back into the main town of South Park. You still remember begging  your parents to make the 40 minute drive to Stan's farm when you were younger to go hang out. At least now you had your license, but to be honest, you probably could've walked to his new house.

   Back at Tweek Bro's, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny had also began to leave the cafe. As they all got into Kyle's car they began driving off towards his house. "You think [name] and Stan are hanging out without us?" Cartman asked from the backseat.

   Kyle was focused on the road, causing him to take an extra second to answer. "What? No, why would they do that?" Cartman shrugged, "Maybe they're in a secret gay relationship and feel bad about leaving you out." Kyle looked at Cartman from the rear-view mirror. "You're so weird dude, your lucky I don't leave your fatass on the side of the road." Cartman stared at Kyle back through the mirror, "I'm not fat, I'm just big-boned," he said. Kenny lightly laughed at the situation and they continued on driving towards Kyle's house.

    However, Cartman's word started getting into Kyle's head, would you guys really hangout without him? No, and if you did you wouldn't be all secretive about it. Maybe it was a little strange you were being vague about not coming over and taking up Kyle's carpool offer, but it wasn't that weird. Kyle trusted your word, and if you and Stan were for some reason hanging out one on one without them, it would be for a good reason right? Maybe you guys needed to talk about something personal, but what was so personal Kyle couldn't know? You guys were best friends, why'd he have to be excluded? Kyle calmed his thoughts down finally when he reached a red light. He was probably over thinking it, Cartman just said that to mess with him, but maybe for the first time in a while, Cartman's teasing may have turned out to be true.