LETS GO.

CHAPTER 8

Stan rushed out of his house, dragging his last bag and placing it in the backseat of your car. After texting and calling out to Stan for the past 30 minutes, everything was done, and you guys were ready to leave. "You sure you got everything?" you asked him. "Yeah, I think we're set," he answered. He turned towards his parents, as they were standing at the edge of the sidewalk a few feet from your car. Leaning against the side of your car, you watched Stan say his goodbyes to them. "You two take care," Randy told you guys. "We will, I'll call you guys once we get there," Stan reassured his parents. "Bye Mr. Marsh, Goodbye Mrs. Marsh," you also bid farewell.

    You guys got into your car, Stan in the passenger seat while you behind the wheel. "You sure you got everything?" He just hummed and nodded unlocking his phone. "Can I get aux?" You just rolled your eyes at his first priority. "Cords where it always is." You saw him reach for the cable. Stan had never had his own car, just borrowed his parents, so you and Kyle would often give him rides.

Speaking of Kyle, you guys had lunch with him yesterday, kind of as a temporary goodbye. You guys also took it as a chance to tell him about your recent decision of moving in together. He seemed to be pretending to not be affected emotionally by the information, but you could tell he was a bit put off by it. By the end of it, you guys had your good laughs though, leaving with a promise of face-timing him on the way there. You'd also said your goodbyes to Cartman and Kenny, as the five of you met up at Stark's pond 'one last time'. The day before that, you had hung out Craig, Tweek, Clyde, Tolkien, and Jimmy, also ending your teenage years together. Craig and Tweek said they'd be following you guys to L.A. soon, so you'd all be able to figure things out together. They'd probably leave Sunday morning, reaching your destination somewhere around that same night. It seemed a lot more productive than what you and Stan had planned, but you guys weren't worried about the proficiency of the drive. You guys focused more on enjoying it.

    "What should I play?" Stan asked from beside you. "I don't know dude, you're the one who wanted aux." He had a smile on his face scrolling through his phones music collection. "I just, I don't know there's so many options... oh shit!" You had started driving, so the most you could do was glance over at him from the corner of your eye. "What?" you questioned. "My phone died, you gotta charger in here?" You hummed as a response. "You know where the plug is, but the charger in here broke, you can plug yours in though." Stan thanked you and began looking through a small backpack he had brought with him in the front seat. "Can you also set up the google maps thing on my phone? The address is in the last text message with my aunt," you requested. "Yeah, just give me a minute," he said still digging through his bag. "I got some cd's in the hand compartment, you can look through them while your phone charges if you want," you told him. "Okay, in a sec," he said as he continued looking through his bag. "Shit, oh wait, never mind found it," Stan mumbled to himself. You took another quick glance towards Stan, seeing his reaction next to you.

    He had plugged his phone in, and was now opening the compartment in front of him, looking at the cd's. His eyes seemed to light up as he flipped through them. "Dude i've known you for like over half my life, why didn't you ever show me your collection," he marvelled at you. "Couldn't tell you everything about me and let you get bored, then you'd ditch me," you joked. "I'd never ditch you," he replied rather quickly. Taking yet another glance next to you, you saw him looking at you through the corner of his eyes, he immediately went back to skimming the cd's. However he wasn't quick enough for you to miss the slight blush growing on his face. You didn't know if it was an intrusive thought, or just a small admiration, but for a split second the thought of how cute he looked crossed your brain. You shook it off rather quickly.

   "Stan." He hummed back in response, eyes not facing you. "You gonna put something on?" you questioned. "Oh, uh yeah." He scrambled through the ones he had picked, and in a quick moment of panic and being overwhelmed, he pulled out a random one. "This one, you burned it yourself right?" he asked holding up a cd in a clear case with a quick scribbled on doodle of yours. "Oh yeah, I forgot about it actually," you answered. Stan removed the disc from its case, making his way to the stereo, before putting it in. As the music started and you guys continued driving off, you said one more thing to Stan before letting the song completely fill the silence. "Hey Stan," he hummed in response again. "When your phone gets charged, remember to call Kyle, I promised i'd face time him on the way." "Oh, yeah I will." You and Stan fell into a comfortable silence for a bit with him just gazing out the window.

    "[name]?" he asked. "Yeah?" "Remember if you get tired later we can switch off driving," he reminded you. "Alright, i'll let you know." The only noise between you two was the car speakers playing the music Stan had chosen. "Hey [n.n], thanks for everything, you know like giving me chance to go with you and stuff," he slowly mumbled off near the end of his sentence. "I'm always here for you Stan," you reassured him. "Yeah, same here [n.n]."