GRADUATION.

CHAPTER 2

   [n.n] stands for 'nickname'

    You adjusted your cap one more time in the mirror, before finally deciding you looked good. "This is crazy," Clyde said in the sink next to you. "It's so scary," you saw Tweek twitch behind you from the mirror. "Yeah, I'm gonna miss you guys," you replied. "Well you're not gonna miss us too much [name], W-we're gonna be in California together!" Tweek reminded. "Yeah I can't believe you guys are ditching us!" Clyde exclaimed. "Aw Clyde, don't worry i'll visit," you teased him. "I'm serious! Me and Jimmy are gonna be stuck going to some local community college, while you, Craig and Tweek are gonna be off living your dream life in L.A., and Tolkien at his fancy law enforcement school in New York!" You sighed before patting his shoulder, "You'll be alright Clyde, we'll keep in touch."

    Clyde met your gaze, "Well at least you seem to care [name], Craig's over there in the corner completely unfazed!" You two and Tweek, all turned in the direction of Craig, who was leaning against the bathroom wall next to the hand dryer, on his phone. He looked up, "Just cause i'm not all sappy and stuff doesn't mean I don't care," he turned back down towards his phone. "Plus, Tweek and [name] are the ones going to Film school together," Clyde stared Craig down, "Right, Mr.UCLA." "They have a good space program," he responded without looking back up. "We've been over this."

    "Guys! Jimmy's asking where we're at!" Tweek said opening up his phone. "Tell him we're on our way backstage," you replied, making your way out of the bathroom, followed by the rest.

    As the four of you made you way to the 'backstage' of the arena, you heard your name being called behind you, turning around to see Stan running down the hall towards you. "Dude i've been looking all over for you, you just disappeared," Stan said, joining you and your friends walking towards the stairs to get backstage. "I just went to the bathroom for a few minutes, you missed me that much?" you laughed as Stan stuck by your side. "Oh yeah, can't live without you," he replied, nudging your shoulder with his. You smiled at his comment, ignoring the slight warmness in your face. Stan suddenly wrapped his arm around your shoulder as you guys continued walking. It took you by surprise for a second, but you didn't tense up or anything. "You excited?" he asked you. You shrugged before answering, "Sure, a little sad not gonna lie, but you know." Stan hummed next to you letting his arm fall off of you as you guys reunited with the rest of your graduating class.

    As the minutes passed by, you and the rest of your classmates were organized into your lines, and before you knew it, they began the ceremony. You guys walked out in your lines, taking your seats in front of the set up stage. Soon, Kyle was up on the stage, giving his speech as Salutatorian, followed by Wendy's speech as Valedictorian. You were proud of both of them, seeing them confidently speak, it was well deserved, they both had earned it. As the names began to be called up, you watched your classmates walk across the stage, smiling as they received their certificates. Once it was your turn, it felt unreal, in a good way. Like you couldn't believe you were finally here, but you were, you made it. As time passed by, the ceremony came to an end, finally announcing you all as Highschool graduates. As you guys exited the building, everyone began reuniting and meeting up with their families.

    You were outside the arena, where the graduation took place. As you were finishing up taking pictures with your family and friends nearby, you felt your phone buzz. You opened your phone, finding a text from Stan.

'Hey [n.n]'
'was wondering if you wanted to come over before the party tonight'
'like after you're done celebrating with your family and stuff'

   You knew your family would probably want to do some small lunch celebration or something like that, but after that you were planning on being free.

'Sure i'll text you once i'm free'

He replied almost instantly.

'👍'

"[name]!" you looked up from your phone, closing it and placing it back in your pocket. "Kyle! What's up man?" you asked as he approached you. "Me and a few of the guys were planning on heading to Tweek Bro's, you wanna come?" You took a moment to think before responding, "Oh dude i'd totally be down, but I gotta go celebrate with my family." He smiled at you, "Oh yeah dude don't worry, you going to the party later right?" You nodded responding with a small 'yeah'. "Alright then I'll see you there, text me if you need a ride or anything." You nodded, "Yeah for sure," As you guys began saying goodbyes for now, you decided to ask him a question. "Oh by the way, you haven't seen Stan around?" Kyle stopped to think for a moment before answering "I saw him walk off with Kenny, but I didn't see him come back after they left towards their cars, Kenny's still here somewhere I think so you can ask him." You gave him a small nod, "Alright thanks Ky."

    You began walking towards the parking lot, heading to your car to go to the place your family had decided on eating at. Before you felt a tug on your shoulder. "[Name]! Where are you going?" You turned to see Clyde with an almost betrayed expression on his face. "I'm gonna go out to eat with my family," you responded. "Well so is Tolkien and he's not ditching us yet!" You stared at him confused for a moment. "What do you mean?" Jimmy answered the question from behind him, "H-He wants us all to take a picture to-tog-gether," You smiled at Clyde, "Alright." He grabbed you and Jimmy by your shoulders, as Tolkien stood next to you. Craig and Tweek next to Jimmy. You looked up to see Bebe holding Clyde's phone, with Wendy standing next to her. "Smile guys!" She said, snapping a few pictures. She lowered the phone, handing it back to Clyde, "Thanks babe!" He scrolled through the pictures, "I'll send these to you guys in the group chat." You looked at the photos, laughing at Craig holding up the middle finger like always.

    "Okay, I'll see you guys later," you said. "Bye [name]!" Jimmy said, as Clyde waved goodbye to you. Finally making your way into your car, you gave your [favorite family member] a ride in your car, driving away towards the place you had chosen.

    It was weird to think you'd never be back to your Highschool, and that you'd never see most of your classmates again, some you were going to miss, others not really. But the most you could hope for was to stay in contact with the ones you'd really liked. As you kept driving, you continued on thinking about all your friends you made over the years. You'd definitely keep in contact with Clyde and Jimmy, Craig and Tweek were an obvious yes, as you planned on moving to the same area. The three of you were originally going to be roommates, but for your own reasons that didn't end up happening. You and Kyle were close, so you'd plan on keeping contact, same with Kenny. Cartman may piss you off, but you didn't plan on completely cutting him off. You weren't too sure about Tolkien, you guys hung out and all, but you weren't that close. It was weird for a while between you guys too, as he was dating one of your best friend's ex-girlfriend, but you tried not to let it get in the way of any friendships. Butters was always nice to you, maybe you'd keep in contact, same with Heidi. The one person that worried you the most though, was Stan. You really did want to keep being his best friend, but he had a habit of pushing people away, and self isolation if he faced a struggle. You just hoped he wouldn't do that to you.