Chap. 50 - The Wandering Soul

????: - NO... no... No... You shouldn't... be... here. - Said the mysterious being with a very erratic male voice.

And it was not only that. The calm figure that faced the wampa seemed to have disappeared, and in its place, left an erratic, slightly ill-conceived creature. As if he had undergone an abrupt personality change. Suddenly, the being approached the wampa's corpse and began to skin it without even paying attention to the two small beings who were looking at him somewhat scared.

Tova: - Hey. Are you OK...? -

Li Mu: - Tova, stay back! - He suddenly shouted, seeing how the little girl tried to approach that strange being.

Tova: - But... -

Li Mu: - Stay away... Something... Something isn't right with him. -

And the gossam was right. Upon closer inspection, one could see a complete loss of sanity on the being's part, and indeed, it seemed to be muttering to itself as it sliced ​​through the snow beast's tough flesh. Blood began to ooze from the corpse and splash around, but he didn't seem to care in the slightest, revealing a chilling scene, accompanied by occasional screams that seemed to have no coherence.

Still, Tova decided to get closer despite the gossam's warnings, who could barely stand up after the heavy blow he received when he was thrown against the wall. The girl took one step at a time, very cautiously and silently, like a hunter approaching a dangerous beast. He got so close that a trickle of blood spattered the blue fur on his face, making his frightened heart race even more, especially as he watched the sharp knife tear through the creature's bloody flesh.

Tova: - Thank you very much, for... saving... us. - She said timidly, although the being didn't seem to have heard, and kept muttering things that Tova couldn't hear. - Could you... could you help us? - But there was no answer.

The strange being, now that Tova had identified herself as a human thanks to the fact that she could see her hands while she was disemboweling the beast, seemed not to care in the least what the little girl was saying to her. Li Mu approached to try to convince her to leave him alone, claiming that he was crazy or someone dangerous, but the girl had another idea in mind.

Tova: - Please, sir. Could you help us? - He said now with an even sadder voice. - We do not know where we are and we have separated from our friends. We just want to go back to them. We just want to go back to our home. -

Hearing her words, the man slashed deep into the wampa's corpse, but then he froze, as if his mind had left his body. Both the girl and the gossam stood expectantly, though Li Mu had his finger on the trigger, ready for any unexpected reaction. Then the man spoke.

????: - Home? - He said with a weak and afflicted voice.

Tova: - Si... Home. -

????: - Home? - He repeated, leaving the other two baffled. - What is home? Where is home? -

The man raised his head, somewhat bewildered, like a child trying to discover a great truth. Neither Tova nor Li Mu could believe their eyes. The wampa skin parted, allowing them to see a face exactly like Boil's. It was a clone. What was it doing there? And more important. Who was?

Tova: - Home is... that place where you live. - She said innocently.

Clone: ​​- So I... live in the ice caves. So... is that home? -

Tova: - Well.... - She said something doubtful. - Home is where you always want to be. -

Clone: ​​- "Where you always want to be." -

Tova: - Tell me. Do you have a home? -

The clone looked up again, doubtful whether to respond to the girl. It seemed that his memories were not very clear, or that his mind had deep gaps. Perhaps the product of some injury, or some blow, or something else that tormented his head.