Chap. 92 - Peace

The rest of the return trip passed without many complications. When They were already in the orbit of Gwori, Wag Too had already woken up, although the pain in his neck would last a few days. Icarus and the rest were happy to see him in good health, although they were a little worried when on land Miraj threw herself at him crying with happiness at seeing him.

It would have been a most moving scene, if Zigerriana herself had not winged the lurmen's enormous ear and drew attention to him in front of everyone as if he were a small child, for his recklessness. Not laughing at the situation was impossible for the organics.

A very tense moment took place during the hours after arriving at Gwori, well unlike civilians; who accepted the offer of a quiet life away from the war, the group of mercenaries and bounty hunters did not agree that it obliged to fight for the resistance.

While some decided to stay like Foxley himself, who seemed to have established an unlikely friendship with Zeb and Vander, others simply decided to leave. They were not honorable warriors or anything like that, and only credits motivated their interests. They couldn't force them to fight for a just cause after all. But Icarus was not willing to take the risk that any of them revealed assumption.

In the public eye, anyone who was not willing to fight for the cause was free to leave, and that was what happened with the majority of rescued mercenaries and bounty hunters, but they never managed to leave the solar system.

As Icarus had told the inquisitor before ending his life, he was no hero, and he was willing to do everything for this rebellion to be successful. So it would be to order Typhon and Lance to destroy all the mercenary ships once they left the planet. This was a war he couldn't afford to lose, and no one would know the location of the Oasis... If anyone was to get his hands dirty in the worst way possible, it should be himself.

For now, the stormtrooper prisoners were kept in custody in the city cells, and although it was not entirely fair, at least they had the possibility of having better treatment than the empire's inmates. Of course, anyone who was willing to lend their workforce to minor Oasis tasks was welcome, even under the constant surveillance of the droids. Time would tell if it was better to remain faithful to the Empire, or join the cause of the rebellion.

Organa: - I'm glad to see you safe and sound. It's a shame that we couldn't extract the required information, but I think it can be considered a victory. -

When the situation was a little more under control, a small war council was held in the town hall with several rebel leaders from the galaxy, including Senator Organa, Chan Syndulla, the Mon Calamari among others.

Ackbar: - However it was too risky. After this infiltration the Empire will double its defenses against cyber attacks. For now we must stay out of it. Our engineers have already started working on the plans that the general gave us... If everything remains stable, we will be ready for the indicated date. -

Cham: - Good to hear. You know... Low profile... You should wait until then. -

Once Icarus finished giving the report to the rebel leaders, all the holoprojections They were disconcerted, except for Senator Organa, who still had to discuss some pending matters with the general, Hondo, and the commando clones present.

Icarus: - Senator... Have you heard something related to the Death Star -

Organa: - It's the first time I've heard that name. What is it? -

Icarus: - Unfortunately I could not obtain any information other than the name. The level of encryption of that data was far above what was expected... I wouldn't be surprised to compute that said information did not want to be discovered. -