Chap. 78 - Claustrophobia

Boss: - And you are...? - He asked doubtfully when he saw how that strange imperial security droid extended his hand in greeting.

Holdo: - Commander, this is General Icarus. He is in charge of this operation. -

Sev: - It must be a joke. - He couldn't contain himself when he heard this. - A droid in command? Now I've seen it all. -

Icarus: - I understand your confusion. But I assure you that my team is more than capable of carrying out this task. -

Fixes: - A security droid, a Gong droid and a sycophant. I find it hard to believe. No offense. -

Kurt: - Hey. I don't know what the problem is, but... -

The impetuous young man really had little patience. One that shook vigorously at the war veteran's comment, but his puppy squeaks were overshadowed when the clone himself gave him a murderous look. Kurt may have had experience in war and dirty tricks. But here, in front of those who stood before him, he was just an inexperienced rookie.

Icarus: - I understand your concerns. But for this mission we must integrate as much as we can. Do you already have the location of the target? -

The one who seemed to be the leader of the clones did not look very convinced. And it was not surprising, because as a clone that he was, trusting a droid was not something he viewed favorably. But as a soldier he was, he had a mission to fulfill.

Boss: - Very good. This is what we know. -

According to the words of the clone command, the files of this new weapon were highly kept in the maximum security shipyards of the space station. A restricted area with great security and different access codes for different areas. A place where the Empire gathered its best engineers for the development of weapons and military technology. If infiltrating such a place was complicated, reaching your destination would be quite a challenge.

Thanks to the information that Fixes was able to hack, they had at their disposal a map of the area, including several key points such as research and development areas. Although there were areas so encrypted that not even the clone commando with his knowledge could access it. Areas that Icarus did not take long to reveal after a few minutes of hacking. He was an expert after all. And the imperial systems were not very secure to say the least. At least not in this era where it was thought that there would be no major opponents to resist their cause.

And so, after several minutes of planning and discussion, they were ready to operate.

With some basic hacking, Icarus managed to obtain the credentials of a maintenance worker, who used to work with chemical compounds in the processing plant. A perfect alibi, since said work required protective equipment and the individual in question was not present at the facilities.

Fixer was the right man for this task. Disguised in a heavy protective suit and accompanied by little Gonk, they approached the entrance door where two stormtroopers were on guard.

Stormtrooper: - identification? -

The commando clone showed the card modified with the code that Icarus implanted in him, which the guard analyzed on a portable device.

Stormtrooper: - Aren't you supposed to be on vacation? - He asked when checking the computer.

Fixes: - What can I say... I need the extra credits. -

Although it was a somewhat simple justification, it was very accurate. The guard did not ask much more, since it was no mystery to anyone that the Empire was not very generous with its salaries, so he let the worker and his automechanical assistant pass without asking many questions.