Chapter 8- The Date

It was Sunday. Justin texted me saying that it was a movie date, he was picking me up at 7:00P.M., and we were seeing House at the End of the Street. I really wanted to see that movie too. Zoey was over helping me get ready. "Since it's March, and it isn't too cold," Zoey said from inside my closet, "I think you should wear this."

She pulled out a blue sparkly dress. It didn't have to much sparkles on it to make it unbearable, it had just the right amount on it. It went down to my knees and it was strapless. I gasped, "Oh my god! It's perfect! It's not too fancy but them it's not too casual. Thank you so much." I pulled her into a bear hug. "Welcome," she pulled out of the hug and looked at her phone, "now get into the shower so I could do your hair and make-up. It's 12:30P.M. now, and we are going to need all the time we could get so hop to it." Before I went into the bathroom I grab underwear and checked my phone. I had a message from Justin.

'Hey change of plans its going to be a double date with my friend and his date but same time just wanted to tell u. can't wait to c u ;)' 

'Kk c u soon.' I replied. 

"Great it's a double date with his friend," I frowned and looked at my best friend. "It'll be okay," she said and smiled. I forced a smile and walked into the bathroom.

20 minutes later I came out in my dress, hair dried so Zoey can do it. "Okay," she clapped her hands together, grabbing the curling iron, and plugging it in, "I'm going to curl your hair. While that heats up though, I'm going to do your make-up." She walked over to my bed and pulled out all her make-up. 

After 10 minutes of putting make-up on my face, she was done. She gave me a small mirror to look at and I gasped. "Oh my god," I whispered, "I looked amazing. Thank you so much Zoey." She put blue eye liner on to make my eyes pop, some mascara, blush here and there, and a small amount of lip gloss. "It was nothing," she said looking at her nails. We both laughed. She got the curling iron and started curling my hair.

************************************************************************ 

It was 6:45P.M. and I looked stunning. I had white flats on to match the sparkles, Zoey painted my nails a nice shade of blue, and I had a matching hand bag to pull everything together. Zoey said that if I thanked her one more time that she would slap me so I stopped. I looked at my phone. 'be there soon.' Justin texted me.

"I'm so nervous," I told Zoey truthfully, "I don't even know why I'm doing this! I mean I don't want to ruin our friendship if things don't work out!" She sighed, "Hon, you have to try new things. You never know, maybe you'll fall in love with him. I heard a car honk. I groaned. "I love you girl, good luck, and knock 'em dead!" Zoey said and gave me a hug.

I walked downstairs and out the door. Justin was waiting by the passenger side door. When he saw me, he look at me up and down and smiled. "You look amazing," he said breathlessly. I blushed and looked away. "Thank you," I looked at him, "and you look handsome." He smirked and opened the passenger side door for me. I thanked him and got in. He shut the door and jogged to three driver's side. He got into his car and looked at me. He smiled. "You ready?" Justin asked me. I smiled back at him, but it was kind paid a forced smile. 'Yeah," I replied, lying my head on the seat and looked out the window as he drove off.

"Who are we seeing the movie with?" I asked him. I saw him look at me from the counter of my eye. "My friend, " he shrugged, "you don't know him." "Oh," I said. After that little convocation, we didn't say anything else to each other. When we got to the movie theater, he got out of the car and ran to my side. I laughed. He opened my door and I got out. Justin shut the door and we walked into the movie theater. While he was getting the tickets, I went to get the popcorn, drinks, and candy.