Chapter 11- The Wolf

I was running. Running in the woods. I don't know why I was running, but I could hear pounding behind me getting closer and closer. I came to a conclusion that I was being chased by someone, or something. I could feel it on my heels. I pushed harder to run faster. I could feel the blood trickle down my face, arms, and legs from running through bushes and jumping over fall trees. I glanced behind me to see if I could see what I was running from, but I saw nothing. I slowly pulled to a stopped to catch my breath. I looked around, trying to remember how and why I'm here. I suddenly heard a growl. I slowly turned around just in time to see-

I jolted up straight but slammed right back down because of the pounding of my head. I looked around at my surroundings. I was in a hospital. But why? My eyes stopped and starred at the figure sitting in a chair in the part of the room that was dark. "H-hello?" I said in a hoarsed voice. I cleared my throat. "Hello?" I repeated. The figure jumped up, surprised, as of I woke him or her up, and look around frantically until the figure's eyes landed on me. I could tell it was a guy from the deepness in his voice. "Kayla?" he said. I nodded. He got up and slowly made his way to my bed. When he got into the light, I instantly knew who it was. Scott.

"Scott?" I said carefully, not too sure if it was a dream or not, "Why am I here and how long have I been here?" "You fell in the shower and hit your head and four days," he said as guilt filled his eyes. Flashes of the memory came to me. Tyler trying to rape me, getting stitches, going into the shower, and then blank. I don't remember anything after that.

I stayed quiet as Scott stood awkwardly by the bed.. I could feel him starring at me, but I couldn't find myself looking at him. "Kayla?" Scott said in a soft voice. I felt the bed dip as he cautiously sat on the bed. "Kayla, please look at me," he pleaded, but I couldn't. I don't know why but I just couldn't. I felt his fingers gently grabbed my chin and make me look at him. "Please don't cry," he said, his voice cracking. Crying? I didn't know I was crying until I felt hot fresh tears roll down my cheek. He wiped the tears away and starred into my eyes.

We just stayed like that for a while. Guilt, hurt, and something unfamiliar filled his eyes. "God, I'm so sorry, Kayla," Scott suddenly said, braking the silence. He then wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I stayed still for a few seconds, not knowing what to do, until I wrapped my arms around him, and hugged him back. "I thought I lost you," he sobbed, "I didn't know what to do." I felt the hotness of his tears on my back as he cried. "Shhh. I'm sorry Scott, I'm so sorry," I whispered.

We stayed like that for a while before someone walked into the room, breaking us apart. It was Josh. "Hey little sis, how are you?" he asked as he gave Scott a death glare. Odd... "I'll go get the others," Scott said quickly, walking out of the room and out of my sight. Others?

************************************************************************

After talking to my parents and Josh, catching up with Justin, Sarah, and Rachel on school, a surprising visit from Mike, getting yelled from Zoey for scaring her and then watching Two and a Half Men, the old ones because the new ones are so horrible, with her, and talking to the doctor about how I was feeling, I was going home. I was told to relax all weekend, plus Monday since we have off because the teachers have a meeting thingy, that if I take my medicine and pain killers that the pain would go away in a few days, and to not do gym for a week and a half.

It was a quiet ride home with my family and Zoey. She was sleeping over for a few days so she could keep an eye on me. Scott didn't come back when he went to get my parents and my other friends. I don't know why, but I felt disappointed. "Do you have my phone?" I asked my mom who was in the passenger seat. "Yes, hold on," my mom said as she grabbed her light blue coach purse off the car floor near her feet and searched for my phone. "Here you go sweetie," she said gingerly as she handed me my phone and smiled at me. I smiled back and gave her a small thanks.