Chapter 3- Detention

I walked down the hall slowly, making my way to the detention room. I couldn't stop thinking about what Julia said. Will she really do that? I thought. "Of course she will dummy," I whispered to myself. "Who will do what?" a male's voice whispered in my ear making me jump. Mike started laughing. "Jumpy aren't we?" he asked, still laughing.

"Haha," I laughed sarcastically. I started walking a little faster down the hall, hoping he wouldn't follow. "Hey, wait up Kay!" Mike called after me. I sighed quietly and slowed my paced to a stop. "You okay?" he asked, concern written on his face. I opened my mouth to tell him what Julia said, but then I remembered what she said. "Yeah," I mumbled as I started to walk away.

"Okay, then," he said as he walked with me down to the detention room, our arms brushing lightly against each other, making tingles go up my arm. How am I suppose to stay away from him? I thought. "Stay away from who?" Mike asked. DID I REALLY JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD?! "Yes," he chuckled, "so who are you suppose to stay away from?"

I was just about to speak when I spotted Julia down the hall starring at us; more like me. I shook my head and pick up my past when i saw the detention door. As I past Julia I saw her pull out the CD from her backpack, which going to screw up my life if I didn't steal it.

"Mikey!" Julia squealed, running up to Mike and pulled him down for a long kiss. I looked away disgusted, as I turned the door knob to the detention room. I walked in and sat down next to a boy in the back.

I looked at him and realized that it was Scott. "Scott what are you doing here?" I whispered, making sure the teacher didn't hear me. I did not what another hour in this hell hole. "I kind of got into a fight..." Scott trailed off, making me curious. "With who?!" I whispered/yelled at him. He mumbled something that I believed was a name. "Who?" I asked.

He mumbled again. He couldn't be serious right now. "WHO?" I said, annoyed. "Kyle!" Scott yelled, making the teacher look at us. "Sorry," Scott said politely. The teacher nodded knowingly, but still was starring at us. Kyle was Julia's mean and annoying older brother. He hated me forever and I didn't even do anything to him! I sighed, oh well.

Just then, Mike and Julia walked in making the teacher stop starring at us and at them. "Nice for you two to join us," he said to them as the sat down. "Sorry Mr. Capital," they apologized at the same time. So that was his name. Mr. Capital...huh, I guess he's new.

I stole a glance at Mike and saw that he was starring at me. When he saw that I caught him, he looked away blushing. I shook my head at him. I looked next to him to see Julia starring at me. I looked away. "So do you want to know why I was in a fight with Kyle or are you too busy looking around?" Scott whispered in my ear.

I nodded for him to tell me the story. "Well," he started, "he was making fun of you for getting bitch slapped by Julia. I told him to stop or I would punch him. He didn't stop so I said 'I warned you' to him and popped him right in the nose."

"You didn't have to do that Scott," I said, feeling loved that he did that for me. "Of course I did," he replied, " your my best girl friend!" I smiled. "Thanks." "No problem, oh yeah before you ask, no I am not hurt and yes I broke his nose." I looked at him, shocked. Scott laughed at me and said, "Hey, he deserved it."

I leaned over to the side and pulled him into a hug. "Thank you," I whispered in his ear, making him shiver. "Anything for you," he whispered as he pulled back and smiled. He looked behind my shoulder and his smiled vanished. I turned around to see Mike clutching his fists. He had an unreadable emotion in his eyes.

I looked back at Scott who just shrugged and took out a piece of paper out of his backpack and started doodling. I turned back at Mike and smiled when I saw him still looking at me. He gave me a forced smiled and turned to Julia. What was that about? I thought. I sighed took out my homework. "I guess I'll do this while I'm waiting," I mumbled to myself and began my homework.

*********************************************************************

"Alright kids, your detention is done," Mr. Capital said making me look up. "You may leave." With that I leaped out of my chair, grabbing my backpack and running to the door. Just as I was about to turn the knob to the door, a hand was laid on my shoulder.

I turned to see a smiling Mike looking down at me. "Would you like a ride home?" he asked. I was about to say 'yes', but then I saw the death glare Julia sent me and replied, "Thank you," I started, and saw the joy in Mike's eyes. "But no thank you," I finished. He frowned.

"Oh okay..." Mike said removing his hand off my shoulder and looked down. "Maybe next time though," I said. Mike's face shot up and smiled. "Okay." I laughed and his happiness and opened the door. I walked down the hall when I felt someone yank me from behind, making me stumble.

"I thought I said stay away?" Julia hissed. "He is coming to me!" I countered. She laughed. "Then tell him to stay away or I'll put this video of you on YouTube," she grinned. "Why do you hate me so much? I thought we were friends?" I asked, remembering the time when me, her, and Zoey were best friends.

"You know why," She spat and walked away. "What did I do?" I asked myself. I sighed and turned around and started to walked home. I seriously don't remember what I did. My phone vibrated in my backpack. I pulled it out to see that my brother, Josh, texted me.

Josh: 'where r u? mom and dad r worried sick!'

Me: 'im walking home now. i got detention'

Josh: 'what?! how?!'

I laughed. Me: 'late for math again'

Josh: 'what am i going to do with u?'

Me: 'idk. c u soon'

Josh: 'k'

I put my phone away and walked out of the school. I need to find out what I did to Julia to know why she is so mad at me!