🌹 kabanata 15 🌹

Go home

Tumingin sa kanya si Aled at lumapit. Naupo ito sa sofa at seryosong binalingan si Jun.

“Three days Jundrix. You have to decide. She can’t stay here sinabi ko na iyon sayo. Her brother is looking for her and he is not really very pleased about all of this.”

Gulat na napasinghap si Hera sa narinig. Her brother. Do they mean Inigo? Is he finaly back?

“Hindi pa pwede. Ang utos mula kay Don Ador ang hihintayin. O kung hindi man ay mula kay Senyora Sabrina. Hindi pa ligtas ang bumalik gayong alam nating lahat na siya ang target nila. Hanggat hindi pa nagpapakita si Senyor Rodrico hindi ko siya ibabalik.”

Umigting ang panga ni Jun at halos madiin at mababa ang bawat bigkas niya sa mga salita. Mabigat ang pakiramdam ni Hera sa mga naririnig. Hindi siya sigurado kung nakabuti sa kanya ang marinig ang lahat ng ito. Thingking about all of this makes her realize that everything is really serious. His father is not even showing up. Ofcourse she will not suggest that either, mapapahamak ang ama niya kapag nagpakita ito. His life is at stake… and so is she. She is the reckless daughter kaya sa kanya nakatutok ang lahat, and given her history and personality there is no way that she will listen to anyone about her safety.

Ilang beses na siyang napahamak na dahilan kung bakit nagdesisyon ang Mommy niya sa lahat ng ito. Kaya siya nandito. Being away from everything, her life, her family and specially her friends would keep her safe, that’s what they told her which slowly she understands. But for how long? Her kuya must be furious right now. He vowed to protect her and she failed him. She lied to him and he would hate her once he found out what she did. God. Thinking about what happened at the mansion and how she mistreated that girl made her feel so ashamed about herself. That girl was nothing but nice. And she knows how her brother feels about her. She was just jealouse and selfish.

“There was a lead saying that some men were spotted near the island. Natunton ka na Jun. Kukunin ko si Lola Antonia dito sa mansion, and you know what to do by then. It’s either you stay here too or go home. Talk to the general and fix this. Huwag mong hintaying isang batalyon ang ipadala non para dakipin ka.”

Gumalaw si Paul sa gilid na tila hindi rin nagugustohan ang narinig. He does not look amused any longer. Medyo nagtagal ang katahimikan. She was suddenly thinking of going back. Her brother is home and surely her cousins are too. They will be protected right?

“W-what if I just go back? My family has men. I understand that I was a bit hard headed for the past months and I was not taking this all seriously but now… maybe it will be better if I just go back.”

Sumandal sa sofa si Aled at mas sumeryoso naman si Jun. Umiling si Paul na tila hindi sang-ayon. Aled sighed and crossed his arms. His biceps flexed and it made him look rougher than he already is.

“The DeSilva’s are loosing men. Having you here is to their advantage pero hindi diyos ang nag-aalaga sayo na pwedeng pagala-gala dito na walang bantay para santohin ng mga kalaban. Big money is at stake here and I am telling you Jundrix, you need to go back. Home. That old man is pissing my grandfather too and as you can see I have a bigger problem to take care of.”

Umiling si Hera. This has to stop. Ayaw na niyang maging pabigat. These people are almost like strangers to her. kailangan na niyang makausap muli ang pamilya niya.

“I need to talk to mommy.”
Bumaling sa kanya ang tatlo.

“You can’t do that right now.”
“Hera- “

“why not?” hindi na niya pinatapos si Jun at sinalubong ng tingin si Aled.

“This is my life and I am scared too. Besides that, I am also worried about my family kailangan ko silang makausap.”