𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

"𝗛𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗮 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗮𝗹𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗵𝗼𝘄."

⋆°*‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱‧*°⋆ 

"No. I will take her home, and that's that."

𝓧iao glared at you. His sudden, sharp words seemed to pierce the air, and everything went silent. Your eyes were wide, and Kazuha's too, cheeks tinted pink. Heizou just gaped, and even Venti was taken by surprise before a smug expression appeared on his face.

You stood speechless, staring up at Xiao. He broke eye contact, feeling rather uncomfortable because it was so long. Noticing the awkwardness, I blinked and looked down.

"Um, well, I'll be ok on my own, really-"

"It's dangerous to go alone. The evening is advancing, and it's not safe to go alone. Plus, knowing you, it's better if you have someone around."

His short but fact-claimed response was enough to make you shut up. 'He won, not fair..' you thought, pouting to yourself.

However — you were unsquekably happy.

"Well~ time to let the lovebi-" Venti was about to say, when Kazuha pressed hand to his mouth angrily, turning to the two of you. "Don't mind him. Have a good one!"

"Thank you!" you replied, turning to the exit. Xiao held it open in the last minute, and you walked forward, him following behind.

...

The walk was quiet as the both of you thrived in your own thoughts.

You thought about maybe starting a conversation with him, or perhaps you should thank him? But then again he might still feel awkward about what happened earlier between the two of you, and suddenly you felt super embarrassed. The image of him sleeping peacefully suddenly filled your mind.

"Watch out!"

You snapped awake from your thoughts, and at this very moment, you heard a loud car BEEP, and before you could act, an arm pushed you backwards (basically the arm in front of you pushed you backwards). You staggered, and bumped your back against something warm. You looked up, and saw Xiao's chin quite some distance above you. You blushed, bringing your hands up to your chest.

"Don't zone out next time. Or at least tell me when you will," Xiao said, moving you aside.

Was he the one who saved me?

"Thank you, Xiao," you mumbled, as the both of you proceeded down the street. He didn't say anything, but curtly nodded, and you noticed it.

By the time you finally ripped your side-gaze off of Xiao, a familiar building has loomed into view. "Oh, this is my apartment complex!" you exclaimed running up to the two big glass doors.

"Thank you so much for wasting your time on me! :))" you shouted, waving to him, beaming widely.

He looked at you while you entered the building, he stood for a bit longer, and then turned on his heel. You secretly watched him until he was out of sight, before quietly squealing to yourself and rushing up to the elevator.

Xiao's Pov:

I wonder what her floor and room numbers are...on the other hand, why am I even thinking about this? What a stupid thing to be interested in.

But then again...why did she stare at me all the way here?

⊹˚₊· ──── ⋆°*‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱‧*°⋆ ──── ‧₊˚⊹

ଘ(˵╹-╹)━☆ Author's Note

Hey guys!! Rly sorry for the shortest chapter everrrr, but it was a piece of the story that I couldn't quite add to the previous or the upcoming chapter, so I just decided to post this one seperately.

XIAO POV y'all! I just treated you guys to a Xiao pov to increase the fluff (•̀ ω •́ )!

Anyway, coming up is a chatfic chapter, soooo enjoy!!