𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

"𝗙𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴."

⋆°*‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱‧*°⋆

"𝓐aaahhh!" you yawned, stretching your arms with all your might above your head, making your face scrunch up funnily

A few teardrops escaped the corners of your eyes from the deep sleep you had awoken from. You looked over to the small window, which was slightly open, allowing the bird chirping and city sounds to spill into the room.

It was another new day.

But this day was special. 

While every day is special and unique, each one important to your existence, there are those days that cannot be compared to any other day. And this is one of them.

When we meet someone, we can never quite imagine the future that awaits us with them. We never know when we'll meet the love of our life, nor a person who will deceive us. Although most of us are smart, we never know what might happen. We are naive enough to throw ourselves off the cliff for someone who means a lot to us, even if it's just for a moment. However, even if we do fall, there's a tiny hope in us that hopes that someone will come to our rescue. That the person you're falling you will catch you and reciprocate your feelings.

Does that always happen? No. The world would be totally different if that were the case. Most of us go through so many things, since the world nowadays is so much more different from what it used to be. There are people even far from society, outcasts, artists, weirdos, homeschoolers, geeks, loners, introverts — what happens to them? While we do have the choice of online communication, it is rare that anything long-term and true actually comes out of it. So, yes it is hard and falling off a cliff for someone random who gives you attention is very easy, but isn't it best to be careful? If you wanna be caught, why not fall for someone whom you won't doubt? Someone who you know, you are sure, will catch you?

You are like that, too. You might be scared, scared of everything. Scared of new people, of the awkwardness, of betrayal and trickery, of being ghosted, or being left behind. I get that. Yet, so do many other people. So does Xiao. He is the same. He didn't choose to be private and introverted. He didn't choose to be closed off and sour-faced. That's just how his experiences have molded him. 

It is a relief when two people on the verge of giving up meet. You can finally fall into each other's arms. Yet that is also the greatest danger. You should meet people who still have strength in them despite it all, and that's just what Xiao was to Y/n, to you. Yes, he is tired, he has been through too much. Yet he still stands tall (excuse the pun) and continues to fight, every single day. He protects people in game, and creates music for people in the universe of this fanfic. 

One day you will see what I mean. Xiao maybe just a character, just how you are in this fanfic, but there's meaning in everything. There's nothing wrong with simping for Xiao, since I totally get that, but then let's also learn something from him. There are people like him and there are more people like you, and people like Y/n. It's just that, who are you compatible with? You don't know? Neither do I. A/n is writing all this nonsense at almost midnight.