𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

"𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘆𝗮𝗹 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗲𝘀."

⋆°*‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱‧*°⋆ 

𝓨ou felt out of place and decided to leave, partly because you didn't want to disturb them, and partly because the weird-bad feeling in the pit of your stomach wouldn't vanish no matter how long you stood there

"Y/n?" Kazuha's voice followed you as you turned around to leave.

You froze. I don't want any drama, please let me go..please don't...

"Did you just come here?" came Venti's excited voice.

Without turning around, you replied, "Oh, uh, I did but I just...well it doesn't matter since you all seem to be doing well, so.."

"Oh, Y/n, we hoped you would come!!" Venti exclaimed, much to your surprise.

You turned around to look at them, obviously avoiding Xiao's and the girl's gazes. "You did?"

"Mhm!" Venti exclaimed, running up to you. "Xiao here thinks so, too, isn't that so, Xiao?"

You knew that probably wasn't true, and it definitely felt like Venti was the only one who couldn't read the room. Despite not wanting to look Xiao in the eye, you couldn't help but make eye contact, which you instantly (and reluctantly) broke.

But, turning to look at Venti instead, you realised that perhaps Venti could read the room best, he was just..trying to spare you the awkwardness that was hanging thick in the air.

"I think I should-" you started, but Venti cut you off.

"Let me introduce you to our old friend!" he said, squeezing my shoulders a bit tighter. You think that you got the point. "This is Hu Tao, she is Xiao's childhood friend! Hu Tao, this is Y/n!"

You weren't feeling well as it was, but the look that Hu Tao gave you didn't make you feel any better. Gulping down the lump in your throat, you decided to be nice despite it all.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you, I-"

"Who is this?" Hu Tao cut you off, turning to Xiao. She was around your height, meaning that Xiao practically towered over her (A/N: I'm sorry for making Xiao taller, but he deserves it, uhu).

Xiao didn't express any unusual emotion. Sometimes you just couldn't read him at all. "This is Y/n."

"I know that!" Hu Tao exclaimed impatiently.

Xiao hesitated, but you believed that he would know the right thing to say.

"She's our band's friend."

You almost toppled onto the floor. A band's friend?! After we kissed, and he walked you home, and everything...you were nothing but a band's friend. You're quite glad that he didn't call you a co-manager or a fan or something.

"How did you become friends with her?" Hu Tao persisted, and you felt utterly uncomfortable.

Xiao sighed, before explaining. "She rescued us from an attack at one of our concerts and then we met her again in the fan queue, where she asked us to sigh her painting. A few days later she fell ill, and Kazuha brought her to stay here until she got better. Ever since then, we have allowed her to visit this place, and so you could say that she became our group friend."

First of all, an attack? Was that an attack? You thought those were just haters. What did he mean by that? And second- he just made you sound like a total fan. Like a fan girl who had nothing to do with their personal lives, and just practically barged into their training studio. Anyone would have thought that you have pretended to be ill in such a situation. He also excluded mentioning anything that had happened between you.

You were sure that up until today, you had simply been dreaming all this up. But that couldn't be true, because here you were standing surrounded by the 4NEMO.

Do I really mean nothing to him? Or is he...ashamed of me?

"Please...take care of them." That's what Eula had said to you back then.

"Well, whatavarrr," Hu Tao said, rushing over to you. "I'm sure we'll be great friends in no time! Any friend of the boys is my friend, right?"

She took your hands in hers and grinned up at you, however, none of this felt sincere. Maybe you were just overthinking it. You glanced at everyone around you, expecting you to agree, but not finding the reassurance you needed, you forced the best smile you could master, and nodded slowly. There's no harm in relaxing your guard around her a bit, right? Xiao seems like he trusts her, you should try to as well.

"Yea," you smiled, clutching her hands. "I don't mind it. I'm just gonna go to the bathroom real quick, okay?"

"Alright!" Letting go of your hands, she ran back to Xiao, Kazuha, Heizou, chattering and laughing loudly. 

As they got back into conversation, you decided that that would be the best time to take your leave. No one could fault you for needing a bathroom break, anyway. Just before you walked out of sight at the turn of the wall, you felt Venti glance at you. All the feelings you were feeling in that moment, felt almost unbearable.

⊹˚₊· ── ⋆°*‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱‧*°⋆ ── ‧₊˚⊹

You splashed some water on your face. It felt refreshing. 

As the door of the bathroom creaked open at your push, you felt music spill out into the corridor. Faintly, you heard singing and an uplifting melody. You could basically guess what they were doing, but you had to make sure that you were correct.

You proved yourself right when you carefully peeked through the opening between the door and the stage room. There, the 4NEMO were playing on their instruments and singing something that you didn't hear them sing before. Perhaps you were just too busy doing something else when you previously came here. Hu Tao was sitting on an audience seat, clapping and giggling at any cool moment in the song. 

You decided that you weren't needed today.

I'm sorry, Eula, but today it seems like they are happy enough without my help.

You thought, grabbing your bag from the hanger and exiting the building.

⊹˚₊· ──── ⋆°*‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱‧*°⋆ ──── ‧₊˚⊹

ଘ(˵╹-╹)━☆ Author's Note

MUAHAHAH! Let the drama begin! Drama-ma-ma-ma, drama-ma-ma-ma! Well, anyway, I'll be posting one more chapter, since I can't be this mean to leave y'all hanging. I'll be back with another chapter soon! Hehe :))