𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

"𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘆𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗱𝗮𝘆, 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹, 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲, 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹."

⋆°*‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱‧*°⋆

Warning: mentions of unhappy topics (sensitive topics, such as murder attempts and weapons)

"Y/n...all of this, isn't exactly what you think..." 

You stood there, a little stupefied. Well, than what else could it be??

"There is something, a lot actually, that I haven't told you," Xiao continued, looking at you, almost hopefully, as though worrying that you'll hate him for what he'll say next. "I should've told you this earlier on, because it's not you who should be worried about whether I like you sincerely or not because you're common, but I, because...let's be honest, I don't deserve you."

Before you could put in a word of protest, however, he hastily resumed his speech.

"You deserve a calm life, even if common, though I would never say that it can be plainly common since you're not your typical-ass-Joe, you know. First and foremost, I am an idol. I have thousands of fans crawling on their knees to see me with every show, despite the fact that we aren't that famous in comparison to global stars. And the other thing is...

"It's not really easy to talk of, but I'll try my best."

A pink petal flew in front of his face, and you only just realized that the both of you have been standing next to a sakura tree all along, as the Sun slowly descended to the horizon. He glanced at the setting sky, the pink, orange, and purple hues reflecting in his eyes, before turning back to you with an exhale.

"When we were all young, in early middle school to be precise, Kazuha, Heizou, Venti, and me decided to sneak into the music room one day because we heard some sounds coming from their during day and thought that there would be something fun for us. We discovered a whole room of instruments, a few of which we have never seen before. We had our go at all of them, not without its fighting, of course, and then Venti said that we should all try playing them together. Each of us picked up an instrument, and we started trying out different combinations. Even recalling the memory, I remember how terrible we sounded. 

"Then, Venti suggested that one of us should sing. I chose to sing, despite the fact that that would be the last thing I'd do if someone asked me before. Everyone, including me, were quite surprised to find out that I was quite a decent singer. Venti got so excited that he took the drum set and started banging on every drum and plate his drumsticks could reach. Our teacher had soon discovered us. She did scold us, but she also sent a word in to the music teacher. Soon enough, the four of us were practicing band music, and each took their own roles in the band.