𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

"𝗧𝗲𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀. 𝗕𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗶𝘁."

⋆°*‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱‧*°⋆

"HU TAO?!"

Lifting her head up to look at Xiao, Hu Tao grinned, a hint of mischievousness in her expression.

"Hehe, yup, 'tis I!!!" she exclaimed, still on top of Xiao. (A/N: Poor boy, that girl's ass ain't light..)

"What- WHAT on Earth are you doing here??" he almost shouted from surprise.

"What am I doing? I missed you!! Ain't it obvious? Didn't you miss me even a tinsy winsy bit?" she replied, hopefully. The puppy face didn't work on Xiao though.

"Of all times, you chose to stalk me right now?"

"Mhm! I am cool, ain't I?"

"You're an idiot," was his curt reply. "Now get (your heavy ass) off me."

Pouting, she jumped off him. "You're as cold as ever." But when he stood up and began dusting himself, she put her arms around his neck and jumped up and down, "But that's what makes you you!!!!!"

'It just had to be today of all days...oh Archons,' Xiao thought, sighing in exhaustion.

⊹˚₊· ── ⋆°*‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱‧*°⋆ ── ‧₊˚⊹

Y/N's Pov

You were in an indescribable happiness.

You were humming tunes to yourself and spinning around the room. Just like a drunkard.

Except that you were drunk on the feeling of love. You couldn't stop the heat that was slowly creeping up your cheeks.

Knock, knock, knock!

You jumped out of your daze a bit. You genuinely wondered who that could be, since it was Saturday morning. Doubting that it would be a bored creep, you opened the door just enough to peek through.

But just as you did that, the door got pushed ajar making you trip over your own feet and almost fall backwards. And to your surprise, there in the doorway stood Yoimiya, with a few bags hanging on her left arm, and with Keqing and Ayaka following close behind.

"For goodness' sake, we thought you were kidnapped!!" Yoimiya yelled as she walked into the room.

"...what?" you sounded legitimately confused.

They, having all walked into your apartment, stared at you in bewilderment.
"Are you being serious?" they chorused.

You nodded, slowly. Something didn't feel right, and the feeling of guilt was growing inside you.