Re: LS | 10 | Work Study pt 2 - Start-

༺♰༻

Kaede pov

Kaede pov

The albino female was coming back from the mess of her mission when on her way to the monastery she met a lost little kid. It was a small girl with bluish/off white hair and she was covered in bandages. At first Kaede wasn't sure whether to step in or not but her motherly instinct got the best of her and she walked up to the frantic girl.

"Hey there little one, are you alright?" She asked the girl while looking around. "Why are you out here all alone?"

"I...was scared...I...ran" The girl gasped as she couldn't get her words out properly. She frantically looked around as if everything around her was going to hurt her.

"Ran away from who?" The exorcist heartache at the sight of the girl in front of her. No girl that young should ever be this scared of the world.

The child hesitated for a moment, unsure if she could trust the woman in front of her. Something about her seemed different from the other adults that seemed to 'care' for her, but she was still apprehensive.

"I ran away from my guardian, I didn't mean to! I was scared!" The girl shook as her voice gradually got louder.

"It's okay sweetie. You're safe with me. I may not be a hero but I'm an exorcist. They are basically the same thing except I save people from evil demons and spirits." She spoke in order to calm the girl down.

"Demons..."Eri muttered while firmly gripping to the woman's clothes. In that moment, Kaede sensed that demons might be at the root of Eri's fear, but she didn't want to press the young girl further. Instead, she decided to focus on comforting her.

"It's okay, You don't have to be scared. I won't let anything harm you. Let's find your owner and sort everything out." Kaede spoke softly while lifting the girl up so she didn't have to walk on her bare feet. She thought her guardian must be worried sick about her. A small little girl out all on her own at such a late time, It's a recipe for something bad.

As they walked back, hand in hand, Kaede couldn't help but feel a sense of protectiveness toward Eri. She had encountered frightened children in the past, but there was something different about this young girl. Maybe it was her red eyes that reminded her of her son or her horn that was a distinct feature about her face. Maybe the bandages that adorned her arms like gauntlets. The little girl really made the exorcist want to know more.

It didn't really take long for Kaede to find the young girl's guardian. It was pretty obvious to spot the only person late at night looking for someone in a frantic manner. When the older man finally saw the girl in the exorcist's hand he looked a bit angry but also relieved to see her again.

"Eri, thank god i found you" he spoke expecting the girl to hop out of the woman's arm and run towards him.

"Are you her guardian?" Kaede asked as Eri began to shake.