Re: LS | 13 | Work Study pt 5: Hell on Earth

༺♰༻

As the man hadn't used his quirk for the day, he felt like this would be as good a time as any

As the man hadn't used his quirk for the day, he felt like this would be as good a time as any. Yes, the boy was dying but he wanted to see if this boy had a future that didn't result in his unfortunate demise. Sir Nighteye concentrated, activating his Quirk, he peered into Ayato's future with a sense of trepidation. What he saw chilled him to the core.

.

.

.

.

However as Sir Nighteye was carrying the boy to safety more of the building started to collapse. Debris rained down, and Sir Nighteye shielded Ayato as best he could. Amidst the chaos, two figures fell through a weakened section of the ceiling, landing gracefully on the debris-strewn floor: Uravity and Froppy.

"Is everyone okay?!" Nighteye coughed out as he was now surrounded by UA students.

"Ayato!" Froppy froze, taking in the boy's declining state.

"We have to get him to the ambulances fast," Uravity spoke with urgency, her eyes darting around for an escape route.

"Good timing," Nighteye rasped. "We need to get out of here. The building's unstable."

Uravity nodded, using her Quirk to make everyone, including Sir Nighteye and Ayato, float. "Hold on tight," she instructed, focusing on controlling their ascent.

With Froppy leading the way, they navigated through the wreckage. Sir Nighteye held onto Ayato, his heart pounding as they floated upward, taking a shortcut to the surface. The path was fraught with obstacles, but with Uravity's quirk lightening their load and Froppy's agility, they managed to avoid further dangers.

They burst into the open air, gasping as they reached the surface. The chaos of the rescue operation surrounded them, but Sir Nighteye's focus was solely on Ayato.

"Over here! We need help!" Uravity called out to the medics, who rushed forward with a stretcher.

"Is this the exorcist boy?" Ryukyu questioned her mentees and they both nodded their heads.

As Ayato's body lay limp on the stretcher, the world around him faded into a blur. The pain and exhaustion were overwhelming, dragging him down into the depths of unconsciousness. Yet, amidst the darkness, a voice rang inside his head, a voice he hadn't heard in a long time.

Get up...

The voice was powerful, commanding, and filled with a strange mix of urgency and concern. Ayato's mind stirred, trying to resist the pull of unconsciousness.

Get up, Ayato. The voice echoed again, more insistent this time.

In the void of his mind, Ayato found himself standing in an ethereal space, a place that felt both familiar and alien. Before him stood a figure cloaked in flames, but the presence was unmistakable.