Cybermen in Japan! Part 2

Chapter 10- Cybermen in Japan! Part 2

***

Allison's POV

You know when you feed a stray dog and it follows you home and you can't get rid of it? Yeah, humans are like that. Something bad happens and the person who can actually do something to help is stuck having to work with other people who don't know what they are doing and mess up the hero's plan because they 'want to help'.

Ugh. Forget it. They're in on the plan now just move on and stop talking to yourself, they're starting to stare at you.

I was right there were staring at me. But it wasn't the 'you're crazy' kind of staring; it was the 'what's the plan' kind.

"Right." I said, popping my knuckles. Nasty habit, I know, I really need to stop it, and I will... later. "So they Cybermen have been all coming from one place. Tokyo Tower."

"Why Tokyo Tower?" Dan asked. Yes, I know he is an internet star, they both are, but right now, people's lives are at stake so fangirling will have to wait.

"Isn't it the second tallest structure in Japan?" Lily asked.

"Yes." I answered and then started reading off the statistics of that very tower. "It was completed in 1958, stands at 332.9 meters tall, and... oh." Oh my God. It makes perfect sense.

"What?" Phil asked. "What is it?"

"Guess how many people have visited the Tokyo Tower since its construction?" I asked, my voice dry. Oh, they are very clever.

"I don't know." Lily said, probably not understanding why I asked that question.

"100... million?" Dan asked, unsure if that was the correct answer. It wasn't.

"Close," I said, giving the guy credit. "Try over 150 million." Lily eyes widen, yay, someone gets it.

"Well, what does that mean?" Phil asked. I looked up at him through a curtain of my charcoal brown hair that had fallen and hidden my face.

"It means that over the past 57 years, over 150 million people have all visited the same place." I started.

"And we don't know when the Cybermen got here." Lily added in.

"Right. So in the past 57 years, how much who you bet that a few people who visited the tower never went home?" I said, trying very hard to make the stowaways understand. Ah, humans, they're so... when I come up with a word that properly describes humans, I'll write it down or something.

"They were converted." Dan said, finally getting it. Thank you baby Jesus!

"Yes, but we don't know how many, so we don't know what we're up against." I said, finally standing up straight.

"So we don't have a plan?" Phil assumed, wrong, if I might add. I just cocked an eyebrow as I turned to face him.

"Oh, we have a plan."

*

Lily's POV

So apparently the plan was for Allison to be a distraction while one of us heads to Tokyo Skytree, the largest broadcaster in Japan, and broadcast the cancellation code for the Cyberman's emotional inhibitors or whatever, which will shut them down hopefully; I don't know, it's all just very nerdy to me.

And when Allison said one of us, she meant me. Yeah, apparently she doesn't trust the other guys to handle this job that I don't fully understand at the moment.

"What do I have to do?" I asked after Allison went over the basics with us. It seemed that she was getting the short straw here, having to actually distract them and hope that we move fast enough.