Smith and Jones... And Doe and Carter! Part 4

Chapter 6- Smith and Jones... And Doe and Carter! Part 4

***

Lily's POV

I ran behind Allison, really wishing that I didn't skip those gym classes now. It's not my fault, exercising is good for you, yeah, but when you are in high school and there is a thing called Tumblr... You see my problem here?

But Allison had no problem running long distances, short distances, medium-length distances, Argentina, or any length. Why? Because she is a freaking sporty nerd, I'm full-on nerd over here. I'm serious: Saturday morning at 6 a.m. I'm dreaming about having disco parties in Atlantis and Allison is at the gym running a bloody 5k.

Allison pulled me behind her as she turned various corners, me concentrating on not tripping over my own two feet or her trench coat and face-planting on the ground.

"Stop!" Allison said, after about three minutes of running and pulling me into an empty office like room. She let go of my wrist and started waving around her stick thing, the thing that made the light bulb explode, all over the room. Oh Good Lord! I placed my hands on my knees, trying to control my breathing and lower my heart rate. My heart hammered against my ribs and I felt like I was gonna past out.

"I... am... so... outta shape." I said, trying to regain my breath. Allison just stared at me with a "what the heck" look on her face after waving her whatever it is around the room.

"Dude, we ran for three minutes. And you're out of breath?" Allison asked astonished. 'Yes, Allison, I am outta breath, because not everyone is as sporty as you.' That's what I wanted to say, but I didn't think it would sound as snippy if I had to pause every bleeding syllable.

"Yeah." I answered. Weakest excuse ever! "What... What were you just doing?"

"Camouflaging the room, so it will show up to the Judoon scanners as empty of life." I just stared at her and she let out a long sigh. "I made us invisible." I nodded, understanding what she just said.

"Okay, well then what was that thing you were waving around?" I asked. Allison pulled the thing in question back out of her pocket and started twirling it around.

"Like it?" She asked. Oh no, she gonna brag. "I made it myself. It's a sonic screwdriver and it works on everything, except..."

"Except what?"

"Except wood." Allison said before tucking the sonic whatever back into its designated pocket.

"Oh, well if we get attacked by wood, we're doomed then huh?" I asked, poking fun at her.

"Shut up."

"I can guarantee that we will get attacked by an alien tree or wood sprite or some kind of wooden creature, and we will die."

"If we ever get attacked by a wood creature, then I will whip out my personal blow torch, and that sucker will be ash."

"Yeah, right that'll be the day." I said, subconsciously slipping the accent this universe gave me. Allison just stared at me with wide eyes before breaking into a giant grin.

"You're NORTHERN!" She yelled. Well, yeah, I guess I was northern. I mean when I popped up here, I got memories of my childhood in Manchester. I had moved to London when I was twelve so I kept my Northern accent hidden during the school years in case of mockery. "Quick, say something else."

"No." I said, thoroughly concealing my northern-ness. Allison would just want me to say stuff in that accent because she fancies this guy on YouTube who had a Northern accent, crab tricks or whatever.