The Guardian's Goodbyes & Something Else!

Chapter 23- The Guardian's Goodbyes & Something Else!

*

Allison's POV

I have had a lot of companions in my time. And I always made sure that they were well and had full lives when they left me. But there came a time where I would have to say goodbye, and that's what I did. I said goodbye.

*

I soniced my earpiece before popping it into my ear; now I would be able to hear everything in a fifty foot radius. I bet Torchwood would love to get their hands on some of I made like this, but I had only joined a month ago, and I still don't trust them completely. They don't even know that I'm not human, but that's beside the point.

I tapped into the conversation that was happening in the large dining right now as I leaned against a brick wall.

"And much happiness to the both of you." Larissa's father said as he held up a glass of champagne. "To Larissa and Timothy." He added before taking a sip of his drink. The rest of the people in the room echoed the balding man.

I focused the earpiece on the bride and groom, not wanting to hear about some random aunt's hemorrhoids, nah I'm good. The waiter who I had given my note to, walked by the window and I nodded ever so slightly.

"Um, ma'am?" The waiter asked politely to Larissa who was staring off a bit into space.

"Yes?" She responded, snapping back to the present.

"A woman told me to give this to you." He then handed the folded up card and went to another table to deliver more drinks.

Larissa opened the note and read it through before looking up and searching throughout the room. the note, which I had wrote, said, "About time. ~G". Larissa then looked through the window and saw me leaning against the wall, trench coated glory and all.

I just gave her a knowing smirk before walking away from the wedding reception. Larissa and Timothy were my companions when I was the fourth Guardian, and they were absolutely wonderful. After Kasey was turned to stone during my second regeneration, I kinda went into a little shell which ultimately caused me to regenerate. I had saved them from a swarm of crystalline wasps when I first met them. The wasps were from Hutarei, a planet where all life forms are crystal, and were going to be sold on Earth by a Colmian trader.

I have kept tabs on them for a while, but this was it, this was where I said goodbye.

*

"Now serving number 18, number 18, please." The woman from behind the deli counter said. I walked forward, ticket stub in hand, and smiled in greeting at the woman. My heart was still hurting from the goodbye I just said to Dan and Phil, all with a simple wave. They didn't even recognize me, to them I would just be someone on the street who they waved at... and I was perfectly fine with that... No, I really wasn't, but I would never let that show.

"Hello there, what can I get yer?" the woman asked, flashing a toothy smile.

"Just some plain turkey breast." I answered. The nodded once and turned around to fill out my order.

Elizabeth Sanlime dropped out of college two years ago when her mother developed Alzheimer's and she couldn't pay for someone to take care of her. Since she saved my life repeatedly when I thought that I could save that world wearing a dress, I was gonna change that.

"That'll be 4 quid." I just pulled a thick envelope out of my filthy trench coat pocket and placed it on the glass counter.

"Keep the change, Liza." I replied before spinning off. I noticed Elizabeth's eyes widened at my nickname for her, and that made me smile. The door to the store opened automatically for me as I heard Elizabeth's shout of "Guardian?" but pretended like I didn't.