Why you shouldn't tempt fate...

Chapter 17- Why you shouldn't tempt fate...

***

Allison's POV

I didn't sleep, I don't know what it was, but I just couldn't sleep. I felt like when you know something bad is gonna happen, yet you don't know what so you just sit there simmering in the anxiety of it all. So, because of my lack of unconsciousness, I had spent the entire ten hours when Lily was snoozing searching for any sign of anything with the power to transport two humans to a fictional world.

My head sagged against the keyboard as the monitor loaded, pressing various random keys. I wasn't tired, I'm a Timelord, we only need about four hours of sleep even if we do sleep, which some don't.

"I'm not tired..." I said before yawning loudly. Okay, I might be a tiny bit tired. My feet slipped out from under and I landed on my back. I would just rest here for a second, then get back to searching. "I'll just... just rest my eyes... for a few seconds." I mumbled before I took a swan dive into the dream pool.

*

Lily's POV

I tugged on a pale pink sweater, a color that Allison hated but that was one of the reasons I wore it. The garment had a white bunny on it, which I loved because who doesn't love bunnies? After checking to make sure that I was adequately fashionable, I went to the control room.

"Okay, let's go searching." I said upon entering the control, before letting a single laugh slip at the sight. I found Allison passed out on the floor, snoring peacefully. I carefully sidestepped over her and to the console. I could probably fly this thing, I've seen Allison do it a few times, so how hard can it be?

"It's actually incredibly difficult." A voice behind me said. I turned around quickly to see a girl about a few inches taller than me but still shorter than Allison. She had short orange hair and bright green eyes and was wearing a hot pink cut off shirt over a sherbet orange camisole, hot pink short running shorts, and a pair a bright orange converse high tops. This girl must really like orange.

"Who are you?" I asked, grabbing the closest thing on the console to use as a weapon. I held out a spatula like it was a sword at the new person in the room. Yes, Lily, use the spatula to protect yourself, great plan. And here we see the rare Lilitris Moronicus, who, when threatened, will use kitchenware as a weapon for defense.

"I am a voice interface of the Tenth Guardian." The stranger said before she shimmered slightly, like she was a hologram.

"Guardian, like her?" I asked, motioning with the spatula to Allison on the floor. "Since she's the Eleventh, you're her past?" My voice went an octave higher with confusion on the last word.

"No, I am a voice interface of her past." 'Voice Interface' said in its robotic voice. I'm just gonna shorten that to VI.

"So, you're like a hologram." I stated though it sounded like a question when I spoke it.

"Yes." VI said. I lowered the spatula, why it was on the console, I'll never know.

"Why are you here?" I asked, placing the spatula back on the console. Maybe Allison saves planets by smacking the bad guys in the faces with spatulas, she's done it before.

"You wish to travel somewhere."

"Yeah, I just wanna check on something." If Martha traveled with the Doctor, then she's knows about Timelords, and then we can trick Allison into talking to the Doctor and stop running from him.

"Okay. The instructions are yours for now." VI said before she disappeared.

My eyesight dimmed and I felt a slight pain in my left temple as my hands flew over the console: pressing buttons, pulling levers, and entering co-ordinates.I stepped back as the TARDIS was sent into flight, the pain in my head ceased immediately. That was weird, it felt like I was sleepwalking but I was awake the entire time. The TARDIS suddenly lurched to a stop and the doors swung open. I saw a stack of post-it notes on the console and quickly wrote a note to Allison saying where I would be.