Prologue

An awful morning greeted me as I opened up my eyes

An awful morning greeted me as I opened up my eyes. Not gonna lie, it was the usual feeling I have been dreading for days since the news broke out. Over and over. I have to get used to it, but no one would get used to the feeling of having a deep sinkhole in your heart that you wish you could fill with it something else, but the emptiness keeps drilling and it's hurting me.

Oh, I wish I could've done better.

Was it my fault? Bitch. I wasn't the one who cheated.

Sleeping past 2 AM thought could help me get over it, talking to other guys over a gay app could mend it, but never did.

I bring my body up from the bed even though it was pulling me back to it. I really had no energy to do anything right now. Some say that this was devastating for me, but no one knew about it—except a very few people close to me and that's all. They were the only ones who quickly rang my phone so crazy after hearing what happened.

But it was just a boy, I shouldn't be so devastated, right?

When I checked my phone, I saw a text message from Cory who has been with me—even though she was an island away from me.

Cory:
Good morning, Danny! Call me if you woke up soon!

When Cory left for Palawan, ako ang tumira sa condo niya, and the plan for Lukas to move in with me somehow wasn't smooth as I thought it would be. I co-owned the unit as it would only be the possible solution for now as the principal might take months and with lots of paper, but I am working on it.

Lukas was about to share the unit with me and move out of the condo he was staying with his roommate. He wasn't able to do so, so I got frustrated about it and I let it go for some time while I live alone in the unit for weeks.

He was visiting me and I visit him in their condo as well. Now that I gotta pay the monthly fees for the unit, it would be so much more helpful if Lukas was here with me, to support me 'cause working and just paying the bills was fucking ridiculous.

In the end, I stayed alone in the unit and will be, forever.

Obviously, when Cory decided to live in Palawan, she had to live everything behind. Her city life, friends, and family. Everyone supported her decision, I do, too, because it was a new way for her to discover more about the truth and wonders. She was in love with the island, and of course, sino bang hindi ma-i-in love sa boyfriend niya? 

Douglas made her feel at home when she came back to Palawan. Kinakabahan pa ang gaga no'n na baka maling desisyon na iwanan ang buhay niya sa Maynila. It was hard, I get that, but she also wanted to be free, so I pushed her to do what she wants. Ginawa niya and she's living the best life now.

Kulang na lang anakan ni Douglas ang kaibigan ko.

I dialed her number and it rang after a few seconds.

"Danny! Good morning," maligalig nitong pagbati sa akin. "Kumusta ka na?"

I sighed. "I'm fine... kagigising ko lang talaga."