Chapter 15

I was stunned

I was stunned.

Completely my mind was blown away.

I looked straight into his eyes finding some sense of why he did it. The way his eyes communicated to me brought so much confusion to me. I couldn't understand it. As he let his hand go from my face and kept his glance straight to me, I could feel a baffling swirl inside of my stomach which I never felt before.

A second later, a smirk was shown on his face and shifted his attention to the view where the sun started to set. I was out of words as I couldn't even begin to compose myself. My feet were glued to the floor and I couldn't even move my body, but could only feel how fast my heartbeat ran. 

"I'm sorry, Danny, I didn't mean to do that. . ."

"Oh, no, don't be," pagpigil ko. I raised my hand and put it on his shoulder, but I was taken aback he might jerk my hand away. "I didn't expect that. . ."

"Me, too," he uttered, and let out a big breath as he leaned on the rails. 

Agad ko naman siyang hinawakan sa braso niya at napansin niya 'yon.

"You might fall," babala ko pa. "You can't trust the rusty rails."

Napangisi naman ito at saka niya binawi ang kamay at saka ito humalukipkip. "I think I already did. . ."

"Huh?" Napakunot na lamang ang noo ko. I don't Austin. I think he was just playing on me. Alam ko namang straight siya so doing this to me might've been a planted idea he had. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know. . ." he uttered then looked at me, shrugging off his shoulder. "You tell me."

Nagsalubong ang kilay ko sa sinabi niya. "I don't get you, Austin. Why did you do that? I'm not sure what you mean by doing that to me. Why. . . Would you kiss me? Is there something should I know?"

He smirked then threw his attention again away from me. "I just wanna know. . ."

"Wanna know what?"

"If I like you."

"Oh. . ." Mahina kong tugon at namilog na lamang ang bibig ko dahil hindi ako makapaniwala sa sinabi niya sa akin. I was trying to understand if he was true to his words. I looked straight into his face, but I couldn't read him at all. This time, I put my hand on his face and made him look at me. "Is that true?"

He shrugged off, killing me with a sneaky smile on his face.

"Why? I mean. . . You're straight, right?" I questioned him, more likely an interrogation. "Let me ask you. . . Do you like men by their faces or sexually? Is it the same for women?"

"All I could say, I was attracted to you. . ." he admitted. "I haven't been sexually attracted to men, I think you were the first one."

"But you like women?" I asked and he nodded to confirm it. "Oh, so you're bisexual? I mean, that's what you're saying."