Chapter 5

It never occurred to me that my arrival on the island would be like this

It never occurred to me that my arrival on the island would be like this. I still don't have a chance to look around the island. Naninibago ako. This is a place that I thought I would go alone by myself. Whenever I go to the beaches or visit an island, I am never alone. I feel like I was still living those vivid dreams of mine when I was still with him.

Earlier, I spent time in the backyard checking out some stuff. Marina's family could be rich and they could own this spacious transient house and a beautiful backyard with a small pond on it.

I didn't ask about it, I don't want to come off like a nosy guest. She gave me a roof when I didn't ask, so I'm grateful for what she did to me.

Today, before sunset, she's inviting us all to go to the Catangnan-Cabitoonan Bridge, if I remember the name correctly. She said it is a bridge where people would go and watch the sunset. When I told Cory about it, she knew what I was talking about and requested that I could snap some pictures for her and if that's the only thing she wants, I'll give it to her.

"Everyone, let's go!" as I heard Marina calling us downstairs, I grabbed my phone and wallet. I'm not sure what to bring. I didn't ask.

Austin wasn't in the room, but when I got down and met them in the living room, he was already there. I guess, he's a person who doesn't like staying in his own room. But that was a different case for me in my current situation.

Lumabas silang lahat at sumunod lang ako sa likod nila. I noticed that there were two motorbikes there which Austin and Kady got into while Keegan and Marina jumped on the other one. Xander, Brad, and I were left with nothing.

"We'll grab a tricycle going there," Brad said. "The third motorbike is in the repair shop so it can't be used this time. Are you okay with it, Danny?"

Tumango naman ako sa tanong niya. "I'm totally fine with it. I commute all the time so I don't mind."

"Perfect!" Brad added.

"And the three of us can't fit on the bike," Xander pointed out. "Now, let's grab a trike before sunset catch us right."

Nauna nang umalis 'yong apat habang naghintay pa kaming tatlo ng tricycle na dumaan sa kalsada. Tinanong ko naman sa kanila kung pwedeng lakarin na lang namin, wala namang problema sa akin 'yon, but they said the bridge is a little far from to walk so we had to get there on a ride.

Saglit lang din naman nang may dumating na trike. Malalaking tao itong mga kasama ko. They stood six feet high while I was stuck at being five foot eight inches. Parang si Marina na nga lang din ang nakakausap na hindi ko kailangang tumingala para lang makita ang mukha nila dahil sa transient house na 'to required ang laging nakatingala kung hindi isa kang local.

Similar sa mga tricycle sa Manila, Siargao's only difference was that passengers can sit back to back. We tried to fit ourselves inside. Katabi ko si Xander habang si Bradley naman mag-isa ang umupo sa likuran namin. They said it would only take us less than eighteen minutes before we get there, hopefully just in time before sunset comes in.