Chapter 17

I thought the excruciating moment with Lukas had ended, but nope, they invited both Austin and me for dinner

I thought the excruciating moment with Lukas had ended, but nope, they invited both Austin and me for dinner. Austin who was looking after me came to me asking if we should go and accept their invite because he knew I wouldn't want to sit with them, but I thought it would be nice for them to see me happy and finally free from Lukas' horrible lies.

We accepted their dinner invite, which I think I am regretting now.

"Do you still want to go?" Austin asked, standing in front of me while playing his finger with mine. "We really don't have to go if you don't want to. We can join the others for dinner, I think Brad mentioned we'll be out for dinner at Cantina Luna. I told them we would be out as we were invited by some tourists. Don't worry I didn't mention he was your ex."

"Okay. . ."

"After that, Brad said if the dinner ended early, we could meet them at the El Lobo. What do you think?"

Napakibit balikat naman ako saka ko ipinaibabaw ang kamay ko at hinawakan ko ang kama niya. Iniangat ko ang tingin ko at saka nagtama ang mata namin. It was a little heavy for me. I haven't told Austin what Lukas and I discussed earlier at the beach because I feel like I was still left hanging into the air.

I didn't get the closure I wanted.

"Come here, sit next to me," I told him as I patted the spot next to me.

"Alright," he uttered, didn't even let go of my hand and just sat next to me. "What's going in on your head? Tell me."

I took a deep breath, simply trying to get some courage. "Well, if you found me and Lukas talking earlier, I was ready to let go of everything we had, but I feel like I was still gripping into that rope where once I let go, I would end up the one who was bruised. Maybe I was scared. Still, I am. . ."

Austin held my head and let it rest on his shoulder while he was tapping my leg with his hand.

"I know it's scary, loving someone wholeheartedly then getting it broken and shattered by the same person was agonizing so I wouldn't blame you if that's how you feel. But hey, you were able to talk to him earlier. I'm so proud of you for taking up so courage to do so."

I smiled when he said that. "Thanks. . . I really don't know what to say earlier. He was very apologetic and all, but he seemed like he already moved on from it. I wasn't. He was happy. . ."

"Aren't you happy?" Austin questioned, his brows furrowed as I looked into his face.

Mabilis akong napaayos sa upuan ko at hinawakan ang magkabilang braso niya. I shook my head as I disagreed with what he asked me. "No, no. . . I mean, I'm happy! Of course, I am. Why wouldn't I be? Complicated past relationships could get in the way, but I can't just ignore how good life is. I'm happy! But I think I would be happier if you would kiss me."

"Ooh," he swooned and laughed. "Are you challenging me, Danny?"

I smiled, possibly blushing right now. "Well, what do you think?"