one

minerva and scarlett met during high school. they had one class together in sophomore year and since then they were inseparable. once scarlett learned to drive they made plans to get a house together. wether it was an apartment or a town house they wanted to live together.

after high school they ended up in a bungalow, which they fell in love with the moment they saw it. since then they'd been together. they did almost everything together.

at scarlett's job she met dustin and they went on a few dates, though they realized they didn't think they'd be good as a couple so they stayed friends.

amelia is scarlett's best friend from her old job. they became friends on one of their lunch breaks when amelia asked if scarlett smokes. she explained only weed on special occasions, but it was surprising to see that amelia smoked.

minerva is quiet, she only really talks to scarlett on a daily bases. she goes to work and comes home, unless scarlett had plans for them.

it was obvious that minerva had a little crush on scarlett. it was hard not to be attracted to such a perfect woman. scarlett is a bubbly character, she talked to anyone who would listen and could make friends with anyone.
------
today was june first, the first day of pride. scarlett had already made note of the pride parades in their city and any other pride events that she'd drag minerva along to.

it wasn't that minerva didn't like their outings, she'd just rather be at home in comfortable clothes.

"so, today i was gonna go look for an outfit to wear to the parade... will you come with me?" scarlett asked, leaning on the back of the chair above minerva.

"i have clothes." she said, tilting her head up to look at the other, who smiled when their eyes met.

"well i don't... will you come to keep me company please?" she whined, leaning down so their faces were closer.

"alright." minerva agreed. she knew her cheeks was turning red from how closer their faces were.
~~~~~~
they were in their third store. scarlett found some jean shorts and a pastel rainbow button up for minerva, which she said she wouldn't wear. scarlett knew she had a soft spot for her and would eventually give in and wear the shirt if she begged her enough.

"i like this." minerva said while pulling a black button up with big rainbow cartoon flowers on it.

"for you, i mean." scarlett smiled and pulled it off the rack.

"you know, i do like this." she said while tucking it in her arms. they finished up at the mall then got something to eat before going home.
~~~~~
minerva sat on the edge of scarlett's bed while the aburn haired girl dug around in her closet for something.

"so, what's your idea for your outfit?" scarlett asked while tugging her shirt over her head. she wore a bra but minerva's face still got red at the sight.

"i dunno, maybe some khakis... and some jewelry." she watched as scarlett pulled on her jean shorts.

"what do you think?" scarlett asked with a smile.

"you look pretty... i think you should do the two braids into ponytails." minerva said while pulling herself to sit on the edge of the bed.

"thanks... i'm missing the right pasties though." minerva's eyebrows furrowed.

"why do you want to wear the pasties?"

"because the way i want to tie the shirt isn't very secure... i'd fell better if my nips were covered." minerva still wasn't sure what scarlett's plan was with this outfit but she didn't ask anything else.

"cmon, we should figure out your outfit." scarlett grabbed her hands and pulled her up from the bed. she followed behind scarlett, taking in the feeling of her hand. they were soft, cold and fit in her hands perfectly. it was something she always noticed but she couldn't help but take it in every time.

"nerva." scarlett said, rubbing her thumb against the backs of her hands.

"hmm?" she answered.

"i was asking if you wanted to go out with amelia and dustin tonight." her eyes were soft. scarlett knew it was a lot of outings for her. minerva had some anxiety with going out, especially to clubs or bars.

"i don't know... i think i'd rather them come here." scarlett's hand reached up to cup minerva's face.

"we can stay here tonight... i know i've been dragging you to a lot of things." a small smile tugged at minerva's lips.

"i'd appreciate that." she cooed.

"let's finish finding your outfit." scarlett said while continuing to walk into minerva's room.

"what the hell." she groaned to herself, trying to regain rational thoughts. it was a little ridiculous how flustered she got at the simple things scarlett did.