two

the next week they were getting ready for pride together. minerva wore the pastel button up scarlett picked out for her with some kahaki pants.

at the last minute scarlett decided to wear a black skirt with her button up instead of the shorts, but she still tied the shirt up over her boobs.

she was braiding her hair in the mirror while minerva sat on the bed behind her. scarlett looked beautiful. she had a new iridescent highlighter that she wanted to try out, and her eye shadow is the colors of the rainbow going across each eyelid. she had on red lipstick and colorful jewelry.

"dustin couldn't get off today, so it's just me, you and amelia." she continued pulling the end of the braid into a ponytail.

"is that okay?" she asked while turning to look at minerva.

"yeah, that's okay." she cooed. this time scarlett noticed the gaze minerva had on her. she looked like she was caught in a daze.

"are you okay?" she asked, resting her hands on her lap. it was something she did to let people know they had her full attention.

"yeah... you look really beautiful." scarlett's cheeks got as red as her lipstick before she turned back to her mirror.

"thank you." minerva smiled at the blush on her cheeks. she never knew what scarlett's view on her was.. she was sorta afraid to ask.
------
once amelia arrived they were off to the parade. it was one of the nice days temperature wise, not too hot and also had a nice breeze. minerva felt the need to walk close behind scarlett, the wind would blow her skirt enough that it could fly up.

"do you want a drink?" scarlett asked as they walked up on one of the drink venus.

"a waters fine." she said while pulling her wallet from her pocket. she handed scarlett a five dollar bill while looking around the area. everybody seemed like their were having a good time, but a lot of people looked drunk... or at least tipsy. which is something that she hated being around

they did a little more walking around before scarlett noticed how finicky she was getting.

"should we find somewhere less packed?" scarlett hooked their arms together and noticed how tense minerva's body is.

"we're fine... i'm fine, you're having a good time." scarlett stopped walking and spun around to face her.

"i'm having a good time but you aren't." their hands found each other, their fingers lacing together.

"i'm having a good time as long as you're having a good time." scarlett smiled.

"just let me know if you get too overwhelmed, we can find a good restaurant or somewhere to sit down at." minerva smirked.

"okay." they gazed into each others eyes for a second more before scarlett lifted on her tippy toes and pressed a kiss to minerva's cheek.

"cmon, let's go find amelia." scarlett turned away and kept one hand locked in minerva's so she knew they wouldn't get separated.

for the rest of the day minerva couldn't stop thinking about that small kiss. the way her lips felt on her cheek. her lips were so soft and gentle. and she had a little lip mark on her cheek. it made her feel like she is scarlett's.
~~~~~
"i've got weed... if you guys are down." amelia said while leading the way back to the car. it was pretty dark out now, the parade had ended and the venues started their after parties.

"haven't you both been drinking?" minerva said while unlocking the car doors.

"yeah, but i'm going home anyways... and i'm safe with you." scarlett leaned against the others shoulder.

"scar that's not a good idea... that can give you alcohol poisoning." they separated as they reached the car.

"i do it all the time." amelia said while climbing into the back seat.

"that doesn't mean she can do it... she can barely handle her alcohol on its own." scarlett glanced over to minerva, she watched a muscle ticking in her jaw.

"oh common scarlett... don't let her control you life just because you have a little bit of feelings for her." scarlett went red in the face, and so did minerva.

"she's right though... i shouldn't mix weed and alcohol." scarlett said sheepishly. minerva scoffed as the smell of weed filled her car.

"where should i drop you off?" she asked amelia while keeping her hands tight on the steering wheel. scarlett reached over and rested her hand on minerva's thigh, she looked pissed

after they dropped amelia off at home they headed back to their house. it was quiet the entire ride. minerva felt like she overstepped and scarlett just felt bad about putting her in that situation in the first place. and now her secret is out, all in the open. what if minerva didn't like her like that? it would make their friendship weird.

"nerva." scarlett's voice was soft, not even a whisper.

"i'm not mad at you." she said before she even had the chance to ask.

"i just don't want you doing stupid stuff like that.. ever."

"i won't... and i don't... and i don't know why she said that." she felt minerva's thigh tense beneath her hand.

"is it true?"

"no... of course not, that would be weird... not weird but, we're best friends you know? i don't want to loose that." she nodded while parking in the driveway.

"right." minerva muttered, stepping out of the car and closed the door behind her self. she unlocked the door to the house and waited for scarlett to walk in before walking to her room.

"goodnight." scarlett said softly.

"night." minerva said before her door latched closed. she glanced into the mirror and saw the red lips on her cheek, immediately reaching up to wipe it away.