nine

scarlett usually got off of work first and when minerva got home dinner would still be hot and fresh. but today when minerva got home scarlett was nowhere to be found. her car wasn't in the driveway but dinner was cooked. she looked on the counter to see writing on a sticky note.

"i had to run to pick something up, be back in an hour... eat some food and get some movies picked out <3"

she went to shower like she usually would then came back out for some food. while she ate the door was pushed open.

"sorry i wasn't here, i ordered this days ago and they kept pushing the pickup time back." she walked in and sat her bag, keys and a black shopping bag on the table.

"what did you order?" minerva asked curiously, continuing to eat her food but turning her phone off.

"uhm, just look." she smiled before turning to walk in the kitchen. she pushed her plate to the side and looked into the bag, an immediate smile tugging her lips.

"you think we need all of this?" minerva laughed softly, dumping the bag out on the table.

"not a need, definitely a want." in the bag was a dildo, the strap for said dildo.. a bullet vibrator and two different plugs.

"how much was all of this?" she asked with a soft laugh.

"don't worry about that, i've been wanting to get this stuff for awhile... i would've gotten it even if we weren't together." she grabbed all of the things and bought them into the kitchen to clean them.

"well... our sex life is about to get more interesting."
------
today minerva planned their date. it was simply just going to the beach for sunrise, but she was still excited nonetheless. the night before she got the car packed up with some towels, their beach bag, and some snacks. she picked out scarlett's swimsuit and some swim shorts and top that matched.

scarlett's swimsuit is pistachio green with sage green flower outlines on it, so minerva's swim outfit is just pistachio green.

the next morning she made scarlett a coffee while she got ready. minerva was always ready faster than scarlett. scarlett didn't do too much make up but she loved doing different hairstyles that took twenty minutes to do.

today's hairstyle was two pigtails, each pigtails being braided into two braids. she liked to have her hair braided up when she swam, usually loaded with conditioner.

"you look stunning." minerva smiled. she had a tie swimsuit cover tied on her hips.

"thanks babe." scarlett smiled. taking the iced coffee she was being handed.

"cmon, we have to get going so we don't miss sunrise." minerva grabbed her phone and keys then scarlett's hand and led them to the car.
~~~~~~~
when they arrived to the beach they decided to just park on the beach. neither of them could be bothered to be laying towels down on the sand and trying to keep sand off of the top of the towels.

"is it cold?" scarlett yelled from where she sat in the trunk of her truck.

"no, it's nice." minerva called back, walking back to the truck.

"cmon." she sat scarlett's cup in the cup hold and scooped the girl up.

"minerva it's gonna be cold." her legs grew tight on the others hips.

"it's not, i promise." she untied scarlett's swimsuit cover then walked to the water.

"do i have to go all the way in with you?" minerva asked as she was about knee deep, but scarlett still didn't let her feet down.

"i dunno." the brunette laughed softly. she held on tighter when minerva ran into the water until she couldn't, then falling on her side so they both went under water.

"you are the absolute worst." scarlett said when she bobbed up. minerva laughed while swimming to scarlett.

"you weren't gonna do it." minerva held onto her as she wiped her eyes.

"what if i didn't want my hair wet?" she continued whining.

"i'm sorry princess." minerva cooed sincerely, pressing a kiss to scarlett's temple.

"it's okay, i'm just messing with you." scarlett cupped minerva's face and pressed their lips together. they stayed in the water as the sun rose and around seven thirty they decided to go back to shore. minerva ran to the truck and grabbed scarlett a towel. it had gotten a little breezy and she didn't want her to get cold.

"i have some breakfast sandwiches... i made them right before i woke you up so they are probably cold but.... i didn't want us to be without food." scarlett smiled while hugging the towel to her body for warmth.

"it's okay, you did amazing with this date." they climbed into the trunk and watched the waves roll onto shore until scarlett got tired. she never woke up as early as she did today.

it was 8:30 when they decided to head back home. scarlet had both of their towels over her body like blankets and had fallen asleep within five minutes of the twenty minute drive.

when they arrived minerva carried scarlett into her room and then the bathroom. she figured they could shower together as they both had to shower anyways before they went to sleep.

she helped scarlett get undressed, hanging their swimsuits on the curtain rod then helped her unbraid her hair.

they showered together quickly and as scarlett washed the conditioner out of her hair minerva got out and wrapped herself in a towel. she rushed to her room to get some pajamas and when she came back scarlett was getting out.

"this date was amazing, now i'm ready to sleep the day away." scarlett sat on the edge of the bed while drying her body off. she very loosely dried her hair with the towel before she was over it and tossed the towel to her desk chair. she crawled up to the pillows as minerva pulled on her pajamas.

"no pajamas?" minerva asked, sitting on the edge of the bed while pulling on her sports bra.

"no, sleeping naked is more comfy to me after the beach." she lifted the blankets for minerva to climb under them.

"is that okay?" she asked.

"yup." minerva smiled, hugging scarlets body to hers before smooching her face.