Heartslabyul:1.4

Jack Di Trade POV
     It’s the end of classes. I wave bye to Nura and Varina (while avoiding Sebek’s stare at all cost), and walk out. Only to see the trashy freshmen, Yuu, and the cat waiting for me. I notice the two idiots staring into my classroom. I wave my hand in front of the two, and they whip their heads over to me. I raise my eyebrow, amused, and say, “I’m here, so why are you looking in the classroom?”
     Nura and Varina walk out, and I give the two deadpan looks. “Hey, we don’t have any girls in our dorms, clubs, or classes! We haven’t even seen them around til now, ok!” Ace tries to help himself, but I just shake my head in playful disappointment. Deuce looks down, both ashamed and blushing.
     “How about we just go get those chestnuts, ok?” Yuu interrupts with a playful eyeroll. We all nod.

༺༻

     “Waaah!” Grim immediately exclaims once he sees the trees. “There’s so many chestnuts all over the place! It’s a forest of all you can eat mont blanc…” He sighs in bliss, and reaches towards a chestnut branch. “Let’s get picking-Oww ow!” He immediately pulls his paw back, holding it to himself. Us Heartslabyuls look at him confused and concerned as Yuu bends down and looks at his paw. He screeches and says, “The thorns pricked my paws!”
     “Well then we can’t pick them with our bare hands.” Deuce says, taking a closer look at the chestnuts. “It’ll also do us good to get a basket or something to put them all in.” 
     Ace looks behind us as he says, “The botanical garden probably has whatever we need inside.”
     We all walk into the garden and ‘Wow, this place is huge.’ 
     We all look around in awe as Ace says, “Wow, it’s bigger in here than I thought.”
     Deuce looks at us and says, “There should be a caretaker of this place. We should split up and find them.”
     “I’ll head right.” Ace says, already walking in that direction.
     “And I’ll head left. Grim and Yuu, you guys can go straight to the back.” Deuce says, pointing to each direction.
     I point beside of me and say, “I’ll search over there then I guess.” They all nod and begin to search. I leisurely walk around, and almost immediately find a storage shed. I shrug my shoulders and enter. I scan the area. “Ah ha! Bingo!” I say to myself, grabbing the baskets and tongs. I make sure I have four baskets and five tongs-because I seriously doubt that Grim will hold a basket-and leave to find the dumbasses and Yuu.
     I walk to where Deuce said he was searching, and thankfully found him easily. “YO, Deuce!” He whips his head over, and I grin holding up the baskets and tongs.
     He pumps his fist with a small grin. “Awesome! That was quick. Let’s get Ace and Yuu and begin picking.” He rushes froward, takes a basket, and we go to find Ace.
     While walking I notice he keeps glancing at me. I sigh, look at him, and say, “Dude, you have somethin’ to say, spit it out. I know I’m attractive, but come on.” He flushes at being caught, and hurriedly looks away. ‘Heh, cute.’ I smirk in amusement. 
     We walk in silence for no less than a minute before Deuce speaks up. “How’d you know that Pomefiore student wasn’t a girl? You said it like you knew them.”
     “Oh, cause I do.”
     Silence. And more silence. And a bit more silence later.
     “YOU WHAT!?!?!” I snort before I begin to laugh my ass off, ignoring the questions he was shooting my way. 
     “Hey, you found the baskets!” I glance up, still laughing, and see Ace staring at us confused and slightly weirded-out. That just makes me laugh harder, clutching my stomach. “Ok, what the fuck did I miss?” 
     “He knows the girls!!” Deuce says like he’s tattling on me. Ace’s head whips over to me while I finally stop laughing.
     I raise my hands in a surrender motion as I say, “Guilty as charged. Y’all shouldn’t be that surprised though, I literally have class with two of ‘em.” I lower my hands, giving them a pointed look.
     “Ok, we need more than that now, we just thought you and the two girls in your class were just that, classmates!” Deuce says, and Ace nods his head in agreement. 
     I shrug my shoulders as we start walking again, saying, “Well we technically are, but more on a friendly acquaintance level, ya know?” “Don’t care, still counts.” I roll my eyes at Ace, and Deuce gives him a ‘really?’ look. 
     We walk in silence for a bit longer, me feeling Ace staring bullets at me. We finally spot Yuu and Grim staring towards the entrance. “Yo, Yuu! I found the baskets and tongs in a storage shed over there.” I call out to them, holding up said baskets with tongs.
     They whip around, a startled expression on their face. Both of them have pale faces. We stare at them concerned for a moment before Deuce speaks up. “...Did something happen to you two?”
     “Ah, that’s right!” Grim shouts, making me raise an eyebrow at him curiously. “The chestnuts! Out tart will be small if we don’t get a bunch. We’ll talk about our encounter with the caretaker while we work.” 
     “Grim, I already told you, that probably wasn’t the care-” Yuu tries to tell the demon cat, but he just waves them off. “Yeah, yeah, whatever. Hey, clown boy!” We stare at him in confusion, making him sigh in aggravation before he points to me. “You! Gimme a basket or something for me to grab the chestnuts, I wanna get started!”
     “...”
     Everyone starts laughing, Yuu at least being courteous enough to try and hide it, while I give the cat a deadpan glare. It’s ineffective. He just continues to stare at me, holding his paw out expectedly. 

༺༻

          3rd POV
     Jack is grumbling under his breath as he is farther from the others, picking chestnuts, while they speak to one another about what happened before the three got there. “...And that’s what happened.” Grim finished explaining.
     “There is absolutely no way that was the caretaker.” Ace says in a ‘duh’ way. Deuce and Yuu nod in agreement.
     Grim puts a paw to his chin in a thinking manner as he says, “If I think back, now that I’ve calmed down, that guy was wearing a yellow vest so he must be from the Banana Dorm.” 
     The three give him deadpan and confused looks as Jack snorts from his spot. “I think he means Savanaclaw.” He says as he walks over with his half full basket. He hears Deuce mutter, ‘There seems to be a lot of delinquents at Night Raven College…’ Jack speaks up as he starts picking at a tree closer, “I’m pretty sure Raina is in his dorm. They are definitely the rough type, plus I think she wears the yellow. But then again she don’t wear the vest, so.” He shrugs his shoulders unsure.
     “AH, that is an excellent introduction to our previous conversation!” Ace says, turning to him with crossed arms. “How do you know the girls! You just said they are merely classmates!” Yuu gives the two a confused look as Deuce perks up and looks at Jack as well.
     Jack sighs, dropping his head with a lighthearted sigh. “Seven, alright. Ya wanna know the full details?” He looks at Ace and Deuce specifically, who nod their heads eagerly. “Fine. Pick while I talk.” Once he sees they’ve continued picking, he begins to talk. “I’ve known one of ‘em since middle school, so we’re childhood friends. She was the only I knew here period, includin’ the boys. So we’re both panickin’, thinkin’ she’s the only girl here. Then someone walks up tp us, and it turned out to be Raina. So that whole ordeal is dealt with, and we go to classes. I’m escortin’ my friend to her class, and her fellow female dormmate walks with us, so that’s the third girl I met. Then, I find out I have two girls in my own class, as y’all saw. During the first week of club applications, I met two other girls, and am currently in a club with one of them plus my own friend. So, in short, I’ve met all but one girl. Does that cure y’all’s curiosity?”
     They all nod their heads, and Ace perks his head a bit. “Sooo…when can we meet them?” He immediately flinches at the glare paired with the scary smile sent his way. He awkwardly laughs and says, “Kidding, kidding! Hey, I think we have enough, yeah? The piles pretty big, let’s get them to Trey!” He hurriedly picks up his basket and begins to walk away. Jack laughs at him, and they follow his lead. 
     “Nyagh! This tart is gonna taste awesome!”