Let's Talk. Calmly.

The first thing Kexing heard when he woke up were voices.

"-a spiritual energy-detecting talisman. The issue is I have no clue if it's gonna work here..."

"Why wouldn't it?"

"Well if the energy in your world is different- our world runs on golden cores, do you know what a golden core is?"

He opened his eyes and sat up.

Chengling and the stranger from earlier were sitting opposite each other at a table nearby. To his bewilderment they seemed friendly, discussing something with numerous books open on the table and on the floor around them.

...what's he planning now?

Chengling noticed him first. "Shishu!" he greeted. "You're... awake..."

He trailed off when he realized Kexing was glaring at the stranger.

"What the fuck are you-"

"Don't!" the man yelped, shooting out of his seat and hiding behind Chengling. "Really don't- I've barely finished bandaging myself, I really don't need more scars!!"

"Shishu, calm down," Chengling added. "Chevalier Wei's been helping to find ways to tell where Shifu could be- he's not hostile."

"I told you kid, just call me Uncle Xian, I'm not a chevalier," the stranger protestef, waving a dismissive hand.

"...Chevalier Wei? Uncle Xian?"

The stranger smiled and began, "I'm-"

"Chengling, what has this guy been telling you?!" Kexing demanded, utterly ignoring the man. "He can't be trusted! Stay away from h-"

"For fuck's sake!" the man snapped. "Do you even know where I'm from?!"

Kexing paused. He wanted to retort, but he found he had nothing to say-

"No! Because you haven't bothered to at least listen the whole time I've been here, even though you've already attacked me 3 times!! Asshole!!"

"Because you're an intruder!"

"AN INTRUDER INTRUDES INTO A LIVING SPACE, I APPEARED HERE OUT OF THIN AIR!!"

"How the fuck am I supposed to know if you're telling the truth?!"

"Chevalier Wei! Shishu!" Chengling reprimanded, placing hinself between the 2. "That's enough! You're not helping anyone!!"

As much as he hated to simply drop this and let this guy walk away from this argument unscathed, Kexing could recognize Chengling was right. Finding Zishu was more important than anything else... he still didn't trust this guy as far as he could throw him, but Chengling did, and he had to admit he was their best bet.

As much as he didn't like it.

"...what's your fucking name?" he snarled reluctantly.

"Wei Wuxian," the stranger replied, his voice dripping with the same amount of resentment. "I know yours already. I at least have the decency to ask for people's names before making any rash judgements, unlike someone in this room I can name right now."

"Why you-!"

"Shishu! Chevalier Wei!"

...I have a feeling we're not gonna get along for a long time, Kexing thought, not realizing Wuxian was thinking the exact same thing.

Chengling grabbed Kexing's sleeve. "Shishu..." he began. "I'm really sorry for knocking you out I really am... but I didn't feel like I had a choice, you weren't listening... and Chev- Uncle Xian really has been trying to help, he's really not the kidnapper..."