A Drunk Ghost

Zishu jumped when he heard a thud abd a yelp outside.

He hurried outside to Wuxian trying to help Kexing to his feet. Even in the dark, Zishu noticed both their faces looked red... Kexing's was really red, and he was giggling like an idiot, stumbling and refusing to stand no matter how hard Wuxian tried. It was... a familiar look. Was he...

...drunk?

Zishu went over to check.

"Can you not climb on the roof to drink if you get drunk this easily?!" Wuxian snapped. "I thought-"

"I don't get drunk easily!!" Kexing protested. He hiccuped and declared, "Pour me another!!"

"There's no way!! You-"

"What's going on?" Zishu asked.

Once he'd heard Zishu's voice, Kexing grinned widely. He threw himself at Zishu and cried, "A-Xu!!"

Zishu tried to push him off but to no avail- Kexing simply hugged him again. "What're you doing!!" he demanded.

Kexing giggled and leaned closer. He purred, "A-Xu~"

Zishu felt his heart speed up at the warm breath that brushed his neck and the soft tone of Kexing's voice.

"Oh now that his husband's here he's willing to get up..."

Zishu glared at Wuxian for the remark.

Wuxian seemed to take the hint and changed the subject, explaining, "Ah- Kexing-xiong seemed pretty upset, so I brought both of us some wine. I didn't think the wine'd be that strong, nor did I think this guy'd drink more than he could handle."

"Who's drank more than he can handle?!" Kexing slurred, glaring at Wuxian. "Who are you talking about?!"

"Not you," Wuxian added hastily. "Not you, good sir."

"How much did he drink?" Zishu questioned. Kexing hadn't gotten this drunk while drinking with him and they usually drank a hefty amount...

"A jar and a half."

"A jar and a half is enough to cause this?!" Zishu yelped.

"I told you the wine was strong!! I didn't..." Wuxian chuckled and grabbed his head, muttering, "I think I might've gotten tipsy too..."

"A-Xu~!" Kexing whined, pouting at losing Zishu's attention. "A-Xu, do you like me~?"

"Huh?"

"Just answer the question!!" Kexing demanded, shaking Zishu's arm. "Tell me whether you like me A-Xu~!!"

"If I don't like you will you go away?"

"Uh... Zishu..." Wuxian interrupted. "Kexing-xiong's really upset today.. maybe don't argue with him...?"

Zishu looked at Kexing to see unlike usual- when he'd take Zishu's words as playing hard-to-get- Kexing really did look upset. He was staring at him with wide watery black eyes, looking like a kicked puppy.

"I..." Zishu sighed and admitted, "Fine. I do like you."

"I don't believe you!!" Kexing wailed.

"That was as straightforward as it gets, how could you still doubt him?!" Wuxian retorted.

"He won't like me if he knows!!"

Immediately realizing what Kexing meant, Zishu protested, "I-"

"For god's sake, if he likes you he likes you, there's no if!!" Wuxian cut in.

"You're lying you're humoring me!! He won't... he won't..."

Zishu held Kexing a bit more firmly and decided, "I'll bring him to his room. He's not too bad when he's dtunk. He'll be fine if he sleeps it off."