Flyers

"Oh my, you were certainly in trouble there. It's a good thing I showed up when I did."

Anger coursed through Omori's veins. He'd recognize that voice anywhere.

Scrambling to his feet, he snapped out the first thing that came to mind. "Shut up! I can handle myself just fine! How dare you interfere!?" He whipped around to locate where Stranger was.

Emerging from Black Space with that horribly annoying smirk, Stranger tilted his head. "Can handle yourself just fine, you say? Should I have let Lili here attack you then?"

Lili? The hell? Is he talking about the Something?

Omori bared his teeth at Stranger. He spared a glance at the ugly deformed creature writhing in the grasp of the shadow vine. The nasty thing let out an unearthly-sounding screech, and he instinctively stepped back.

Stranger's smirk widened. "Oh? Do you find Lili unnerving?" The shadow vine shoved the Something closer.

Omori nearly tripped over himself again in his haste to back away. "You!- Get that thing away from me!" How dare this shadow taunt him? He unsheathed his knife and swung a slice at the Something, only for the shadow vine to pull it out of reach.

"Oh my, is the big, strong king perhaps-"

"I fear nothing!" Omori asserted.

"Sure, sure," Stranger said, rolling his eyes as the shadow vine compressed the Something and popped it. Black goopy matter splattered everywhere, including onto Omori, while his mouth hung open.

Omori gagged. "Ack!?-" He spat furiously while Stranger's laughter filled the garden, a sound that was annoyingly more pleasant than Omori would ever admit-

Damn, shadow!

Omori aggressively wiped away the black matter on his face. It tasted absolutely repulsing.

Irritation coursed through his veins and warmed his face. "How dare you come here and mock me on top of what you've done to Headspace?!"

Stranger's laughter died out, and he rolled his eyes again. "Oh no, what have I done now?"

"You did this!" Omori pointed angrily to the Black Space-corrupted garden. "You dare try and act innocent?"

"How many times will you make me repeat myself, Omori?" Stranger's voice carried a mix of frustration and exasperation. "This. Is. The. Cause. Of. Your. Repression." He took a step closer for every word until he stood before Omori. "You want Black Space to stop leaking out? Stop repressing the truth. It's so simple."

A vein bulged in Omori's brain, threatening to burst.

"You!-" Omori paused, taking a breath to compose himself. The vein in his brain bulged slightly less.

No. I'm not going to let him get me riled up like this.

This is not worth my time. He is not worth my time.

"I can't believe this is the thanks I get for saving your skin from Lili," Stranger said. "Just a simple 'thank you' would be nice."

The vein rebulged in his brain.

"I did not need your help! I can handle myself just fine, Stranger," Omori spat, voice dripping with venom. "Don't you ever dare interfere with my battles again."

Stranger's expression hardened. He glared at Omori. "You know what? Fine. I won't help you anymore. You'll be on your own."

"Good!" Omori snarled, his fists clenched at his sides. "You think I would ever require your assistance?! I would sooner eat my throne than ever accept your help!"