Wait 'til you hear 'bout the interest

Today was looking to be an excellent day.

After all, he had finally caught that annoying problem. The thorn in his side. The plague in his path. The bane of his existence. Stranger was finally contained and out of the way.

Omori grinned as he relished the feeling of chains in his hand. Hard, cold metal attached to a shackle around Stranger's neck. A thicker, more durable restraint made from the kingdom's strongest materials available. Stranger wouldn't be able to escape this one as easily as he had escaped all of the king's restraining tools before.

He gave the chain a sharp tug. Stranger stumbled for a few steps, arms raising to balance himself. White eyes narrowed in a venomous glare and shot Omori a scathing look, and instead of the usual irritation, he felt only a vicious, satisfying delight.

This is how it should be. Stranger on a leash scampering after him like the pathetic dog he was. A dog Omori would put down when he saw fit.

Not so full of mouth now, are you?

Stranger tsked, rolling his eyes.

Ahead of him, Aubrey and Kel rushed forward to open the doors of the throne room, setting the stage for Omori's majestic entrance.

As the doors swung open, Omori's eyes swept the room, looking for a certain Royal Royal. He smiled when he found Basil standing near the throne with Mari, piles of papers stacked up around them.

"Omori!" Basil perked up at his entry, the delicate flower crown on his head bouncing in turn with mint-green hair. "You're back early."

Before Omori could greet Basil back, Mari barreled forward, documents piled in her hands. "Oh, little brother, you're here! Thank goodness. So many things have been happening and...Who do you have there?"

Omori grinned, knowing just who she was referring to. This was cause for an official proclamation.

"Write down what I say," Omori said. "I have an announcement to make." His older sister, looking slightly confused, simply nodded and pulled out a blank scroll.

Omori gripped the chain tightly and dragged Stranger towards the center of the room, where the throne chair was positioned on a raised dais that commanded attention.

Stretching out his free hand in a proclamation-like manner, Omori spoke, "Citizens of Headspace. It is a time of celebration, for I, the beloved and mighty king Omori, with great courage and determination, have finally seized the evildoer behind our recent chaos."

Omori yanked on the chain to make a show of Stranger's bondage. He cast a glance at Mari to ensure she was recording everything. "I hereby declare that justice shall be served. In the name of the beloved mighty king Omori, and the people who serve him faithfully, let it be known that the criminal, Stranger, will face the might of my wrath. He shall be punished in a manner befitting the severity of his crimes."

Omori paused, letting Mari catch up with her writing. He sent a smile Basil's way, but the Royal Royal seemed to miss it, his eyes somewhere distant.

"Let it also be known that I, the beloved mighty king, in my infinite mercy and compassion, have seen fit to spare the criminal from immediate death. Instead, he shall be made to serve me, the great king, until the day of his final execution, providing his labor for the betterment of the kingdom and its people. Therefore, I call upon all the citizens of Headspace to celebrate this momentous occasion, to raise voices in praise of me, the all-powerful, beloved, mighty king, and to my unwavering commitment to justice and order. Let us stand united in our resolve, and be resolute in our defense of the kingdom and its values."