CHAPTER FIVE - A Slytherin Party

CHAPTER FIVE - A Slytherin Party in the Hospital Wing

     "I was just asking if that was what snogging was, Sirius, jeez." Alessia said, for probably the seventeenth time in ten minutes. She and Sirius were arguing about the kiss they had, while Lily, Remus and Peter (who went reluctantly) had gone to finish their Transfiguration homework.

     "Admit it, you like me." Sirius said again. He leaned in and Alessia put her hand on his lips, stopping him from coming any closer.

     "Sirius, if you lick me, I swear-" Alessia started, but didn't bother finishing her sentence when Sirius' tongue made contact with her hand.

     Sirius smiled at her, smugly, and Alessia's eyes narrowed and she shook her head, "You are so going to get it when my shoulder heals."

     A pitter-patter of feet was heard: two pairs of them. One they recognized at Madam Pomfrey's brisk step--one full of purpose. The other, was almost a skip, and the shoes they wore were heeled. The boys had an odd feeling in the pit of their stomachs:

     "Doesn't that sound a little like--" James started.

     "My deranged cousin." Sirius sighed.

     And they were right; a few seconds later, Madam Pomfrey scurried in with Bellatrix Black at her heels. She shot one look at Sirius, and smiled deviously.

     "It's so sweet to know students can still be friends if they're in different houses." Madam Pomfrey exclaimed, and then she left us alone.

     "Hi, Jamesie; Sirius." Bellatrix said, and sat down at the edge of an empty bed.

     "I hate you, Bella." Sirius said, looking at his cousin with a fake smile pasted onto his lips.

     "Yet you still call me 'Bella'." Bellatrix pointed out, "I was actually here to warn you, cousin, dearest."

     Sirius snorted.

     "Fine. You'll find out soon enough." she sang, smiled deviously, and skipped out of the room like a six year old.

     "Well that was quick; painful, but quick." James said.

     "She's trying to get us worried. It's nothing." Sirius announced.

     "Why do you hate her?" Alessia asked, confused, looking over to Sirius.

     "She's the Devil in disguise. She hangs out with my brother, Regulus, and he’s not much better." he explained briefly.

     “You are so mean,” Alessia said, “Is it because she’s in Slytherin and you’re not?”

     “Partly.” Sirius admitted, and Alessia smacked his head with her good arm.

     “You know, I happen to be friends with a Slytherin!” Alessia informed them. James and Sirius looked at each other: Oh, boy…

     They were about to ask her ‘who?’ but a knock on the door interrupted their conversation: it was Severus Snape.

     “Severus,” she smiled at him warmly, “thank you for coming.”

     “Don’t mention it," he mumbled, looking over at Sirius, as if to say ‘move’. When he didn’t, Severus looked over at James, “Heard you were here.” he said plainly, and walked over to the other side of Alessia’s bed, to avoid Sirius.

     “Hello, Snape.” James said, avoiding to use their nickname for him infront of Alessia; she obviously seemed to consider him as a friend.

     Severus ignored him and shot Sirius a look, “Don’t you have any homework, Black?” he asked.

     Alessia sighed, “Alright,” she said, “That’s James, this is Sirius, that’s Severus. Call yourself by your first names, already!”

     “Now you’re pushing it.” Sirius said glumly. He stood up and trudged out of the room with his hands deep into his pockets and his eyes looking at the shoes. For once in his life, Sirius Black was going to do his homework and listen to Severus Snape.

     On his way out, Sirius saw Narcissa Black, another one of his cousins, run in the opposite direction. What was it with Slytherins and in the halls, today? They normally stayed in their dungeon common rooms to avoid the peasants.

     “Sirius.” she said, passing him.

     “Cissy.” he answered, politely, and continued all the way to Gryffindor tower.