CHAPTER TEN - The Hidden Diary

     Alessia plummeted down, the wind blowing her hair up and her right hand tightly clasped over Lily Evans' locket. She was worried what Lily might think if she told her she had 'found' the locket, so she decided to stick to the real version of the story.

     The boys were yelling from the top of the tower, all worried for her life. Alessia wasn't worried. When she was about twenty feet from the hard ground, she turned into her Anigmus, and flew down. The boys had stopped yelling. Alessia assumed Remus would be telling James, Peter and Sirius how stupid they had been for thinking she would let herself fall to my death.

    Alessia turned back to her human form and ran to Gryffindor tower as fast as her skinny legs would let her. As she burst into the common room, she saw Lily bent over, looking under one of the arm chairs. Alessia grabbed her friends arm and dragged her up to the dormitory where they could talk privately.

     "Sirius had it." Alessia informed her, the minute she saw the locket tightly held in her hand. Alessia handed it to Lily, who took it hastily.

     "Did he open it?" she asked nervously.

     "I don't think so," Alessia shook her head, "he seemed to think it was only a locket."

     "How do you know it's not only a locket?" Lily asked suspiciously.

     "I saw you in the dorm writing in that book," Alessia said casually, shrugging it off, "You know... The diary..."

     Lily snorted and laughed nervously, "Diary? Psh..."

     "Lily?"

     "What?"

     "Never go into acting."

     Lily and Alessia soon broke into an argument over Lily's acting skills (if they could be called 'skills'), but the conversation soon turned back to the diary.

     "How did you even get the diary in that stupid thing?" Alessia asked, braking their argument and pointing to the locket.

     "Un-detectible extension charm. Learned it from a Ravenclaw who owed me a favour, RamonaBlankswith."

     "Short black hair, button nose and freckles?" Alessia asked, remembering the girl which Peter had been partnered with for Transfiguration.

     "Yes." Lily nodded.

     "I liked her. She helped me get my wand back from Severus, who had token it... It was just  a joke, of course-" Alessia stopped when she saw a pained expression on Lily's face. She knew better than to ask about it.

     Lily looked down and was suddenly very interested in the engravment on the locket. Alessia had noticed it before and was pretty sure it was the letters 'L' and 'E'. Her head suddenly snapped up, "Wait, Sirius stole my locket?!"

     Alessia nodded and Lily burst out of the dormitory. She practically flew down the staircase and was standing at the bottom of the boys' staircase in a flash.

     "Lily!" Alessia called, running after her. They were both running up the stairs, and were almost in the dormitory when Remus appeared.

     "Lily-" he warned, guessing what was about to happen.

     "Impedimenta!" Lily screamed, pointing her wand at an un-suspecting Sirius, who was talking to James about Quidditch.

     Sirius flew backwards and crashed into the wall. James stood up instantly and had his wand out, though he stopped when he saw it was just Lily.

     "What - the - hell?!" Sirius yells, slowly standing up.

     "You stupid oaf!"

     "You git!"

     "Prat!"

     "I hate you!"

     "My locket!"

     "I was looking everywhere for it!"

     Lily was having a fit. No one dared moving closer to her than necessary. Only Alessia, who was standing next to her, tried calming her down:

     "Lily... Lils, listen to me..." Alessia whispered.

     Lily screeched and stormed out of the room.

     "Give her a few minutes." Alessia said, completley forgeting that she was also mad at Siriusm then ran after her.