CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - Oh, Professor Binns...

     The minute Sirius had taken three steps into the room, Remus and Alessia were around him. He shrugged them all off, including Lily - who was trying to hold him back.

     "Filthy backstaber!" Sirius yelled, then turning into his Anigmus form.

     "Sirius!" Alessia cried, her face shocked. She took another step closer and the black dog growled at her. She didn't even flinch, very well knowing that Sirius wouldn't bite her. Alessia got down onto the floor and grabbed the dog around the neck. He struggled and struggled, "Just look at me!"

     Sirius unwillingly looked at her, his mouth set. She had kissed his best friend. The girl he liked had kissed his best friend. The girl he had asked out had kissed his best friend.

     "Listen. He doesn't think he likes Lily anymore. He's experimenting with other girls! Don't hurt him; you'll regret it later. He's your best mate." Alessia reminded him in whispers. Sirius looked at her carefully, to see if she was lying. She wasn't. Sirius nudged her affectionately with his head and broke free of her hold on him.

     “Paddy…” James said, but trailed off when Sirius growled at him, very loudly, “What the hell are you saying?”

     “Does it really matter?!” Peter exclaimed. Everyone turned to look at him.

     “When d’you get here?” Lily asked.

     “Ten seconds ago. Moony told me everything that happened, and Sirius, if you like Alessia, and Alessia likes you, there’s nothing to fight about!” Peter said, sounding oddly smart.

     Sirius barked, and everyone knew he was talking about what James had done, and that there was need to fight.

     “So, James kissed her, don’t best friends share things?” Peter questioned. Alessia looked at him very offended.

     “Yeah, I think your smartness just rubbed off, Wormtail.” Remus said, patting Peter on the back.

     Sirius started barking again, but everyone looked at him, clulessly. He grumbled something and re-took his normal shape.

     "You can't share a girl, Wormtail! He doesn't even like her! He just thinks she's pretty!" Sirius roared.

     "Alessia, get him to calm down." Lily whispered. She had a frightened look in her eye.

     "I can't!" Alessia whispered back, then she had an idea. She smiled deviously.

     "Oh, no." Lily muttered.

     "I'll get Sirius to 'calm down' if you get James to like you again." Alessia proposed. Lily's eyes went wide:

     "No, no, no! I am not kissing that boy!" Lily hissed angrily. Alessia was just getting started.

     "Not kiss Lily; snog," Alessia was getting payback, "Remind you of anything? Halloween, maybe?"

     Lily was fuming, but had no other option, "Fine!"

     The girls rushed over to Peter and Remus, telling them their idea. Sirius and James were yelling at each other across the room, but - luckily - no one threw a spell yet.

     "It's the best chance we've got." Remus shrugged.

     "Ready?" Alessia asked, and Lily nodded. They each ran up to a different boy and turned that boy away from the other.

     "Sirius, wait-"

     "James, this-"

     At the same time, Alessia and Lily pushed their lips on their boy's. Sirius wrapped his arms around Alessia and they kissed more passionately. As for Lily and James, Lily pulled away after about two seconds.

     "You like me." James whispered.

     "No, you like me. Don't kiss Alessia again." Lily said.

     "Jealous, are we?" James chuckled and tried kissing Lily again. She didn't push him away forcefully, but she did take a step back. James looks at her, a sadned expression on his face. He peered over at Sirius and Alessia, who had stopped kissing, but were hugging each other, "Can I at least get a hug?"

     Lily sighed and gave James a friendly hug. At that minute, Professor Binns floated in and started talking about the Troll revolution, very unaware that half of his class wasn't there yet.

     "Professor Binns?" Sirius asked, pulling away from Alessia.

     "Yes, Mr. Blaze?" the ghost-teacher asked.

     "Uh... Nothing, nevermind..." Sirius said, "Never remembers my name..." he mumbled as the gang took their seat, each and every one of them smiling - even Lily.