CHAPTER SIXTEEN - James vs. Sleeping Lily

     That same night, everyone went back to the common room. Lily was doing homework in one corner, but at around ten thirty, she fell asleep. James was staring creepily at her.

     "Mate, you okay?" Alessia asked, pushing him off his chair.

     "Oh, yeah..." he was still staring at Lily.

     "She's asleep, not dead, you can stop staring at her, Prongs." Sirius joked. Casually, he put a hand around Alessia's shoulders. She didn't move, but she didn't seem to notice, either.

     “She’s gorgeous.” James said, mesmerized.

     “I know, right?” Sirius asked, looking at Alessia. Her and Remus both shook their heads while Peter laughed.

     “And this is why I don’t have a girlfriend.” Peter informed them.

     “No, Wormtail, you don’t have a girlfriend because-“ Sirius started, but one warning look from Alessia shut him up.

     “You guys are already acting like an old married couple.” Remus teased.

     “Not funny, Remus,” Alessia said, gravely, “Why don’t you go smash your head on that wall over there?”

     “Alright.” Remus said, standing up.

     “Oh, no, mate.” James said, seeming to have woken up from his trance. Peter stood up and both boys held Remus back from the wall. Alessia, however, had her eyes locked with Remus’.

     “You have to keep eye contact,” she informed Sirius, “Like a curse.”

     “You know what, I think I should take you away from here.” Sirius said, lifting Alessia up with him. He lead her away from his friends, but she turned her head to still be facing Remus.

     “Let me curse him?”

     “No.”

     “Please?” Alessia said, still looking at Remus, who seemed to be growing stronger.

     “Aren’t I handsome?” Sirius suddenly asked.

     “Pardon me?” Alessia asked, so shocked that she turned around to face him. Remus stopped struggling against the two Marauders.

     “Never mind. I want a kiss.” He informed her, smiling at how he got her to break eye contact.

     “And I want a million Galleons; we don’t all get what we want.” Alessia said, pushing out of Sirius’ arms, though she was smiling.

     “But aren’t I handsome?!” Sirius called after her.

     “Yes, Sirius, you’re a god!” Alessia exclaimed, laughing.

     “I wish Lily said that to me.” James sighed, looking at Lily again. Slowly, he walked over to her and sat down. She stirred slightly. James reached a hand down to touch her face. When his fingers made contact with her face, Lily’s foot made contact with his stomach.

     Sirius and Peter exploded with laughter as Alessia and Remus ran over to James.

     “You okay, Prongs?” Remus asked, as Alessia ran over to Lily, pulling her farther away from James, in case she had another spasm.

     “Yeah, yeah…” James muttered gloomily.

     Sirius now had tears in his eyes, “Your love interest can beat the stuffing out of you, even when she’s asleep!”

     Alessia gave Sirius a warning look, clearly saying I’m-going-to-get-you-to-smash-your-head-against-the-wall-if-you-aren’t-nice. Peter and Sirius immediately shut up.